Custom Shop won't install

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Custom Shop won't install

Postby jamboman » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:46 pm

Every time i try to install Custom Shop, it keeps failing saying it can't find Cs2_inst.exe file.
jamboman

Re: Custom Shop won't install

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:14 pm

Is this from the IKPM (the IK Product Manager)? If so, what folder is being used for downloads? IS that on a local drive?

Is that file on your disks anywhere?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jamboman » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:29 pm

I search my computer and could not find that file anywhere.
jamboman

Postby livesforrap » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:01 pm

DOH, nevermind, it just lists the IKPM to download.

So I'll make another assumption, you are getting this while installing AT5.01?
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby jamboman » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:29 am

no, i get this when i try to install custom shop from the download manager. now since i have Amplitube 5 max , do i even need the custom shop?
jamboman

Postby livesforrap » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:37 am

My answer would be yes. You need to restore your gear from the custom shop I believe.

Try this: Reinstall AT5 which should have the custom shop on the back end. So try going to "past downloads" and then download the version 5 installer, you should get "5.01 download" or something like that and then see if running that doesn't work. If not, I've got no other suggestions.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby jamboman » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:09 pm

in the IK Download manager it now shows it wants to update but when i try i get the same error . I did try and reinstall AT5 and i can get to custom shop from AT5 so that all works fine. i just can't seem to run the updater as i says it can't find that file. Anyway if it works than i think i am good i guess i just won't get the update.
jamboman

Postby livesforrap » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:48 pm

That is strange. I can get 5.01 to download from that page. I'm assuming you are stuck at 5? If not and you are at 5.01 there is no other update.

That product manager is whacky :lol:
livesforrap

Postby jamboman » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:31 pm

AmpliTube 5 is updated. Just custom shop shows I need an update in download manager but when I try to install it gives the error stated on first post.
jamboman

Postby VDSRgaming » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:49 pm

Ive been having the same issue but have figured it out.
For some reason ik product manager cant find and run the custom shop installer so you have to go and do it yourself. If you go to C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\Custom Shop you should find cs_inst.exe if you double click and run this it will finish the install.
VDSRgaming

Postby Ramswa1 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:54 pm

I had this problem and was getting frustrated. Wherever it had tried to install, in my case it was Documents > IK Multimedia, I uninstalled it (twice for some reason) and then deleted any files left in the folder.

After that I deleted any Custom Shop files that I had specified to go to a different folder/HD. After making sure they were all gone I let the product manager try a fresh install and didn't change any folders it wanted to use and it finally installed properly.

I think when I tried to get some parts in another folder it messed up initially and freaked out trying to find the right file over and over.

Good luck!
Ramswa1

Postby nburton » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:52 pm

I figured it out, it's actually a "race condition" of sorts:
first it unpacks that cs_inst file as some temporary file, then renames it to cs?inst.exe, but throws an error because it tries to execute file before renaming is complete. Just watch the folder (C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\Custom Shop) and when you see it pop up there, run that exe and complete the install.
nburton

Postby Lechouette » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:12 am

nburton wrote:I figured it out, it's actually a "race condition" of sorts:
first it unpacks that cs_inst file as some temporary file, then renames it to cs?inst.exe, but throws an error because it tries to execute file before renaming is complete. Just watch the folder (C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\Custom Shop) and when you see it pop up there, run that exe and complete the install.

This worked!

Thanks a lot but please fix it IK Multimedia, we shouldn't have to go and find this workaround for a simple install to work. (not sure if they'll read this message but yeah)
Lechouette

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:28 pm

The best thing to do is pass that information to Technical Support, via here.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby firattuncbas@hotmail.com » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:00 am

<<Mod edit: IK Support can provide this, please don't solicit other users as that would end up with you both violating the software's EULA >>

<<Mod edit: email addresses and unnecessary comment removed >>

Thank you..
firattuncbas@hotmail.com

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling