Amplitube 5 switch back to preset 1 randomly

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 switch back to preset 1 randomly

Postby jamboman » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:36 pm

I just installed Amplitube 5 and every few minutes it will automatically switch to preset 1. i can put it on another preset and within 10 mins it will go back to preset one, even if i don't press any keys on my computer or iRig Stomp. Any help of suggestions how to find to issue here.
jamboman

Re: Amplitube 5 switch back to preset 1 randomly

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:15 pm

Can you run AT5 in a DAW and see if it happens there?

If so, can you put a MIDI Logger in front of it and see if it receving any rogue MIDI messages?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jamboman » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:12 pm

It does not happen when i use it with my DAW. how do i put a midi logger on it?
jamboman

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:24 pm

It is (probably) different for every DAW. So we would only be guessing at the moment.

What I am suggesting is to look at or Record the MIDI going into AmpliTube to see if there any odd messages there.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby jamboman » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:31 am

When i use it in Ableton live , it doesn't change ever. I can't even get it to change channels with my midi controller.

So my question is when you say record the midi into A5 , how is that done. I have no idea how to record the midi inputs to see a log at all.
jamboman

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:09 pm

Me neither, I have never used Ableton Live. Maybe another user will help you.

Anyway, let's summarise:
-- everything is OK when AT5 is loaded into Live, no preset switching,
-- when using AT5 standalone program, the preset switches back to preset 1 frequently.

That sounds like the hardware is sending Program Change messages to the software (Live may be discarding them and not passing them onto the AT5 plug-in). That is why I suggested recording or looking at the MIDI coming from the hardware. Also, review 10.3.1 in the AT5 User manual to see if that gives any clues.

-----------------------
If you make no progress, please check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Blobalf » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:34 pm

Hello

I have exactly the same issue using AT5 in standalone with the Irig Stomp. AT5 switch to preset 1 when I start a video on YouTube for example and even sometimes when doing nothing.

I have no solution so far...
Blobalf

Postby captship » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:53 pm

I have also experienced the same thing, seems random, thought for a while that I was inadvertently pressing the #1 button - but I wasn't.
captship

Postby peterswa » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:03 pm

Same experience here. I have AT5 running on a dedicated Win10 PC in as a standalone app connected to a Stomp I/O. I will leave it alone on say preset 3 on bank 5. After a random period of time (hours usually), it will revert to preset 1 of bank 1.

The machine has a fresh install of Win 10 (Dell Latitude 5290 2-in-1 PC, with the standard Dell software), IK software/drivers, Reaper, Norton antivirus, and Acronis Backup software.

I will sometimes see an "application hang" in the Windows event log.

Very random (infrequent, I might add) and I have been unable to determine a "cause and effect" for the random bank switching or application crashes. Makes me nervous about gigging with it.

I continue to watch it to see if I can figure out the trigger for the issue.
peterswa

Postby jamboman » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:01 pm

I think there is a bug in AT5 and iRig Stomp. I will report my issue to tech support.
jamboman

Postby Petrklic77 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:17 pm

Hi, I have the same problem.
I am a new owner of Amplitube 5 MAX software and iRig Stomp controller. I use Windows 10 OS, powerfull brand new PC with active monitors Alesis. I have all updates available. Everything works fine except one important thing. I tried it many times and always the same result. I connect the iRig stomp to my PC then open the Amplitube and the default screen is always in preset number one Bryan May - We will rock you solo. Then I switch to any other factory preset or my own preset and play.

Everything is ok until any other sound (youtube video, windows beep) appears. After that it switches itself back to preset number one. And if I am in stomp mode it switches back to preset mode to Bryan May. For example, I open the youtube video (backing track) then I switch to some preset in Amplitube and play - it works fine, until I click the video again and go fast forward/backward couple of seconds. Once a new sound from the video appears it always switches back to preset 1. Plese, help, this my only problem, otherwise it works fine and the sound is incredible.
Petrklic77

Postby garfy » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:21 pm

Can everyone please follow the link/instructions that @DarkStar posted above and open a ticket with Official IK Support please.

Thanks
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby jamboman » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:19 pm

I opened a ticket. i would recommend that everyone else who is having same issue do the same. If we get more people to report it may be easier for them to figure it out.
jamboman

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:40 pm

Indeed. Working with Support is the only way to resolve this issue. Accordingly, this thread will be closed.

Edit:
peterswa sent this to me by PM:
peterswa wrote:While I am waiting to hear back on my open ticket, I swapped out my USB cable and the random behaviour has stopped. I will continue to monitor the situation, but would recommend folks to try a different cable to see if that solves the issue for them.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling