Amplitube 4 clipping question

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 clipping question

Postby fenixrizn » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:04 am

I'm new to all things guitar but here goes. I'm using and esp sc-607 straight into a scarlett solo 3rd gen with the gain properly set. I'm still clipping withing the program and am curious to know what order I should go in to avoid clipping. Amp first then master, I'm totally confused. There are so many input output controls that my heads spinning, just dunno where to start. The input is good going in to amp4 but I can't seem to get my output straightened out without dropping master to almost zero. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Shawn!
fenixrizn

Re: Amplitube 4 clipping question

Postby Abikis » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:33 pm

If your having this issue with included presets many have a compressor in one of the rack sections and turning it's volume down should solve your issue.

For general preset volume adjustments I would suggest adjusting the main volume in the mixer section of the cab module, you can adjust individual mics if they're clipping but remember you're affecting the balance if you don't move them all.
Note that any rack effects are after this, so you'd want to make sure they aren't adding/subtracting volume.
Abikis

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling