AmpliTube5: Solutions to slow loading times?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: AmpliTube5: Solutions to slow loading times?

Postby livesforrap » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:18 pm

Eureka! Long story short it's a graphic issue. Not sure about which end it's on, I don't have the worlds greatest VGA.

How I found this out is if you load the instance and wait it takes quite a bit of time. But if you have many instances open (like 10 tracks) and close the GUI and switch between them it's instantaneous. However if the GUI is open and you switch tracks, it takes a long time.

Also, I saved a project with the GUI closed and it reopened much faster than a project without saving before closing the GUI.

So, it's something graphically. Before I submit a ticket it would be nice to have some others try this and see if I'm truly on to something.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby km4qs58S » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:30 pm

The solution for speeding up AmpliTube 5's intial load time on my computer was to reduce the number of presets:

Initial load time (note that subsequent load times are much quicker):
Over 3000 presets: 92 seconds
Only 4 presets: 17 seconds
km4qs58S

Postby SDM_T_RACKS » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:17 am

Roger that on the presets. I basically took all the factory presets and moved them out to another folder (which I called Preset Archive), so that AT was only loading about 30 or so of my own presets, and it loads MUCH faster, both standalone and in Pro Tools.
SDM_T_RACKS

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:27 pm

Please let Support know about the loading delay when there are many presets. Then the developers can investigate and work out a better approach.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby SDM_T_RACKS » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:08 pm

livesforrap wrote:Eureka! Long story short it's a graphic issue. Not sure about which end it's on, I don't have the worlds greatest VGA.

How I found this out is if you load the instance and wait it takes quite a bit of time. But if you have many instances open (like 10 tracks) and close the GUI and switch between them it's instantaneous. However if the GUI is open and you switch tracks, it takes a long time.

Also, I saved a project with the GUI closed and it reopened much faster than a project without saving before closing the GUI.

So, it's something graphically. Before I submit a ticket it would be nice to have some others try this and see if I'm truly on to something.

I don't honestly think that it's a graphics issue. I have an nVidia discrete graphics card, dual Xeon processors, 32GB of RAM, SSD, etc., and the load time was still pitiful - until I got moved out all the presets to another folder. I now have about 30 presets loading, and the load time is about a 5th of what it was.
SDM_T_RACKS

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling