Tried to move AT5 library, then uninstall. Now can't install

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tried to move AT5 library, then uninstall. Now can't install

Postby mje913 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:25 pm

Hi all,

I downloaded Amplitube 5 CS last night to give this a try. Quickly got up and running, but realized the library / plug-in was on my internal drive. Moved it manually to my external, then lost present and functionality in the DAW (Reaper).

Tried multiple ways to uninstall and reinstall AT5 then the broader product manager. Used the uninstaller and manual action, rebooted, etc. and it seemed I had removed the product manager/AT5/CS.

Upon reinstallation, the roduct manager says AP5 is installed, but I do not see it anywhere on the system. I seem to have successfully reinstalled CS.

Super frustrating, likely I am missing a simple solution, but it is not obvious. Seems a pretty big hassle to just try and move the library.

I am on a 2019 iMac running Catalina. Thanks for any help.
mje913

Re: Tried to move AT5 library, then uninstall. Now can't ins

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:36 pm

I am not sure what you mean by the AT5 library, could you clarify? What file / files did you move?

And moving any component manually for any software can cause problems and is not recommended.

Having said that, why not just move it back? But it seems that other things have gone awry.

To clean up everything and start again, the best thing to do is contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby mje913 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:52 pm

Thank you for the quick reply. I moved the folders from the default installation folder (the IKMultimedia folder) on the internal drive to a folder on my Seagate where I house virtual instrument libraries.

Sorry, AT5 I meant Amplitube5.

In hindsight, yes, I should have moved it back. I thought it would resolve with a plugin re-scan from Reaper or with a remove/reinstall through the Product Manager, but it keeps showing Amplitube as installed. And, yes, unfortunately it's fully awry now.
mje913

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:09 pm

That's OK, I understood what you meant by AT5.

I was asking about the "library" file(s) that you mentioned. Which ones were they?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby mje913 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:06 pm

Unfortunately I'm not sure. It was everything in the target install directory.

After I moved the files, I was able to use the plug-in in my DAW, but none of the presets were showing.
mje913

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:20 pm

Time for a Support Ticket, then.

Any advice here could confuse things.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling