Can not make AT5 stomps / pedals "MIDI Learn" in REAPER

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Can not make AT5 stomps / pedals "MIDI Learn" in REAPER

Postby mdb_ikmm » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:35 pm

Hello all:

OP of this thread here again. Hi Tom, (tdwimsatt) please let me echo JasonFunk's sentiments -- you are indeed a godsend. By following these clear, concise instructions, I am able to control AT5's stomps, pedals, etc. within REAPER using external MIDI controllers, the way one would use a pedalboard.

It took me a second time through your instructions to realize you guys are connecting your MIDI "stomps" or expression pedals directly to your AXE I/O, which is a little bit different than how I have things set up:

- Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen MIDI-capable interface, but with no pedals or effects plugged into this (only my guitar in input 1, with a pair of monitors "out back" via the outputs). This interface is connected to my Windows PC via USB.

- "External" Nektar Pacer (which serves as my pedalboard of stomps, so to speak, and which itself also has a few inputs for expression pedals connected to it, which is how I wanted to control e.g. wah/volume). This whole thing is connected directly to the Windows PC via another USB port, not through the Scarlett.

So even though my guitar input signal and MIDI signals to control AT5 are coming from separate physical hardware sources, I was easily able to adapt your instructions to my case.

Thank you so much. If I can be of assistance to anyone else with a similar setup (and similar frustrations) as a way of paying this forward, please let me know I'd be happy to at least try.

Thank you again Tom, Jason, Hermybear2002, DarkStar, ManicDaze, and everyone else participating in this thread. It's a joy to be finally be able to make use of this the way I've struggled to do, on and off, for over a year now.

I also agree this instructions should be included in REAPER's and IKMM's manuals, FAQs, etc.

Best wishes,
-Michael
mdb_ikmm

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling