Upgrade prices AmpliTube

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Upgrade prices AmpliTube

Postby john.franklin3 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:10 pm

I own AmpliTube 4 and many of its expansions so I thought that AmpliTube 5 SE would suit, but after purchasing it I was surprised at what was missing.
I looked for an upgrade to AmpliTube 5 which was 149 euros which considering what I already owned was a lot after paying 99 euros for AmpliTube SE.
Why can’t IK take into account what I have already spent when upgrading.
Any chance of a price bridging the price between the two ie 50 euros? :)
john.franklin3

Re: Upgrade prices AmpliTube

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:30 pm

I do not speak for IK Multimedia but my view (from memory) is:

As you already had AT4 and purchased AT5 SE, all of your AT4 gear should also be available in AT5, along with the new AT5 features (new GUI, resizeable, drag and drop, 600 impulses per speaker etc).

AT5 would, on top of that give you the (28?) new gear models, including the 19 T-RackS-based rack FX.

You could try asking Sale Support if they would consider cancelling your AT5 SE licence and moving you to an AT5 licence, for a suitable amount. You could also sugget that that upgrade path becomes a permanent offering.

Please contact Sales/Account Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to a Support form. Response time normally is within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby john.franklin3 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:24 pm

Thank you very much for your advice and help :D
john.franklin3

Postby bhmJEM » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:33 pm

I'm in the same situation i.e. I owned AT4 and most packs so ordered the AT5 SE version thinking it was all I need but many of the presets say a piece of gear is missing. With hindsight I would have gone with the slightly more expensive AT5 version as well as it appears I misunderstood the limitations of SE. I've contacted support just before Christmas and am waiting a reply.
bhmJEM

Postby john.franklin3 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:43 pm

I'm waiting for a reply but I not expecting an answer for a couple of days because of the Weekend etc
john.franklin3

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:44 pm

Cleaned up the thread, everybody please review the guidelines at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 with specific attention to the parts about posting about your existing support tickets, etc. Thanks
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling