Amplitube vst "sort of" working [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube vst "sort of" working [Resolved]

Postby dap9 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:40 pm

Just upgraded to Amplitube 5, but I'm noticing the same thing now w/ 4. I'm using Cakewalk Bandlab. I open a project and add the AmpliTube vst. I can hear the "hiss" of a high gain amp and the volume works, but my signal is just a dry guitar. I've tried this in SONAR platinum w/ both 4 and 5 and get the same issue.

When I open previous projects w/ A4, I'm having the same problem, though the recorded tracks have the effects working as they should. In other words, playback works fine, but when I try to use the vst in a previously recorded track, I'm having the same issue as above.

The A5 standalone works fine. Any ideas?

TIA!
dap9

Re: Amplitube vst "sort of" working

Postby garfy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:51 pm

Hi dap9 and welcome to the forum.

Could this be anything to do with how Bandlab works with Direct Monitoring and Software Monitoring in conjunction with your interface?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby dap9 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:12 pm

garfy wrote:Hi dap9 and welcome to the forum.

Could this be anything to do with how Bandlab works with Direct Monitoring and Software Monitoring in conjunction with your interface?

Thanks! Maybe(?). A4 worked in both DAWs previously and now it doesn’t work even in old projects. But aside from that, any ideas how to fix or address what you’re talking about?
dap9

Postby garfy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:29 pm

What audio interface are you using?

I haven't used Sonar or Bandlab I'm afraid.

In the interests of saying the obvious, have you tried rebooting?
garfy

Postby dap9 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:56 pm

garfy wrote:What audio interface are you using?

I haven't used Sonar or Bandlab I'm afraid.

In the interests of saying the obvious, have you tried rebooting?

I’m using a PreSonus AudioBox 1818. It’s an older unit that no longer has upgrades, but again, it’s been fine in the past. But this may be a good excuse to get a new inter face, lol.

Yea, I’ve rebooted a bunch of times.

Thanks!!
dap9

Postby garfy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:02 pm

Sounds like a bit of a weird one to me. Like you say, if it worked before it should be working now, irrespective of the age of the interface.

Just for my own curiosity, looking at the PreSonus AudioBox 1818, channels 1 and 2 appear to be the instrument inputs. You've plugged into one of those and that is what is selected as the input in the DAW?

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
garfy

Postby dap9 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:43 pm

FIXED:

I'm an idiot! I had the wrong input assigned to my track. :facepalm: It'd been a while since I sat at the DAW. Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the help!!
dap9

Postby garfy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:47 pm

No problem dap9, glad it was an easy fix.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling