Downloaded amplitube 5, where is it? [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Downloaded amplitube 5, where is it? [Resolved]

Postby Zman65 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:26 am

Downloaded amplitube 5 free trial. I thought I did not need a DAW to use it, that it was stand alone. Everything downloaded fine, product manager says its good to go. But there is nothing on the desk top (screen) to click. I have an IK Product manager icon i can open, I have a custom shop icon that I can open. Product manager says its downloaded and installed. I restored purchases.

So how do you get into the thing? Is there a file somewhere?

Thanks
Zman65

Re: Downloaded amplitube 5, where is it?

Postby garfy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:00 am

Hi Zman65 and welcome to the forum.

You are correct, it can be used as a standalone.

If you are on a Mac you will be able to find it in your Applications folder.

If you are on Windows it will be available in the program directory or Start menu as usual. Sorry, I don't use Windows, someone will hopefully chime in with a more informed answer.

Let us know if you are still having problems finding it.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Abikis » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:15 pm

garfy wrote:I don't use Windows, someone will hopefully chime in with a more informed answer.

On windows, Amplitube will be in the IK Multimedia folder in the start menu. The product manager and custom shop are outside this folder for me.

If you're still having trouble finding it the default install location should be C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 5.
Abikis

Postby Zman65 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:42 am

Hey, thanks. It was in the start menu. It's pretty cool! I'm on long work assignment in China, stuck here due to the virus, so the guitar is the only thing keeping me sane!
Zman65

Re: Downloaded amplitube 5, where is it? [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:16 pm

Good oh :)

You may have got a Desktop icon too.

----------------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling