Older Version of IK Product Mgr Available?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Older Version of IK Product Mgr Available?

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:24 pm

Did you do what I suggested?

The AmpliTube Orange gear pack INCLUDES the AmpliTube 4 software. Forget about AmpliTube 5 and the IK Product Manager.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby krsongs » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:48 pm

Hi Dark Star,

I could not follow your instruction:

"Go to your User Area / My Products and scroll down to AmpliTube Orange..."

I bought it from Sweetwater, so it will not show up in my IK Multimedia account.

When I tried to open the installer that came with the Orange Amp plug in, it said I need OSX 10.9 or higher. (I'm on 10.8.5. SW's website says minimum OSX version 10.8.5.)

It seems like I need to get SW to refund me (since it wasn't registered) and start over buying directly from IK?

Note: These show up under my IK Multimedia account's user area/my products:

T-Racks Custom Shop
Syntronik
Amplitube 5 Custom Shop
Sample Tank 4 Custom Shop

... and they all have serial numbers.

I just joined IK a few days ago and never bought anything from them..... yet.

Kiki
krsongs

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:55 pm

Ah, I thought that you had already done this: you would need to Register your AmpliTube Orange product's Serial Number onto your User Account. But if you do that now it may be more difficult to get a refund from Sweetwater.

What is the exact name of the installer that you tried. What is its Modified date"? And where did it come from? Looking at the Sweetwater web page, it looks like they only send you a Serial Number?

I do not think that getting a refund from Sweetwater and buying directly from IK Multimedia would be different.

Everybody who open an IK Multimedia Account receives Serial Numbers for those 4 free products, but they may not be able to be installed on your OSX 10.8.5 system.

-------------------
The best thing to is to contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

Explain that
(a) you have bought AmpliTube Orange from Sweetwater, based on the System Requirements listed here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/orangecs/index.php?p=specs
(b) the installer (supplied by Sweetwater?) says that OSX 10.9 is required,
(c) you are on 10.8.5.
And ask how to proceed to download, install and authorise the AmpliTube 4 software and the Orange gear.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling