Older Version of IK Product Mgr Available?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Older Version of IK Product Mgr Available?

Postby krsongs » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:04 pm

I just bought the Orange Amp Modeler and tried to install version 1.0.2 and it says "cannot install on this MAC HD. Need OSX 10.9 or newer."

I am using 10.8.5 and the system requirements for this product clearly says it's available for 10.8.5.

PLEASE help... thank you!!

KR
krsongs

Re: Older Version of IK Product Mgr Available?

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:47 pm

You can install any legacy products by downloading the installers from your IK User Area.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby krsongs » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:03 am

Thanks Peter.

The only thing I could find was at the bottom of the Product Manager page where it says:

"The IK Product Manager is designed to support all current product versions; therefore, all the legacy products are not supported and will continue to be handled by the previous Authorization Manager."

Is that Authorization manager the same as your current Product Manager? And, is that Authorization Manager version 1.0.26B?

I think the ultimate question here is: Will the Orange Amp Simulator work for OSX 10.8.5?

Thanks!

Kiki
krsongs

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:26 pm

Slightly confused here - the software you need to run the Orange amps is AmpliTube. The spec for AmpliTube 5 says:
Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo (Intel Core i5 suggested), 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), macOS 10.10 or later. 3 GB of hard drive space.

I cannot remember what the spec was for AmpliTube 4 (the previous major version)

I do not know what the Orange Amp Modeller is, nor recognise the version 1.0.2/ Can you post a link to it?

The IKPM is used to manage most current products (download, install, Register and Authorize). Many older products use the Authorization Manager program instead.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby krsongs » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:02 pm

Thanks Dark Star:

"The IKPM is used to manage most current products (download, install, Register and Authorize). Many older products use the Authorization Manager program instead."

That may have partially answered my question. I downloaded the Authorization Manager 1.0.26 but I didn't unzip it.... yet. When I bought Orange Amp I wasn't aware I needed Amplitube to run this plug in. Amplitube 4 says it will run on OSX 10.7 or later. (I am on 10.8.5.)

I will happily buy Amplitube 4 IF I can run the Orange Amp add-on.

(1.0.2 is IK's current version of Product Manager, and trying to open it it said I need OSX 10.9... which got me concerned.)

Here is the link for the Orange Amp:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... tubeorange

Thank you again,

Kiki
krsongs

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:30 pm

OK, now I know what I'm talking about :)

The Orange gear pack (that's what you have bought) was released some time, when AmpliTube 4 ("AT4") was current. And, yes the AmpliTube Orange web page does state " Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, 2 GB of RAM (4 GB suggested), Mac OS X 10.7 or later.

The IKPM does not include AT4 so forget that for the moment. Instead try this:
    -- go to your User Area / My Products and scroll down to AmpliTube Orange,
    -- you should see that it says "v4.10.0 Release Notes"
    -- click on "Past Releases"
    -- you should see this:
    -- download the OSX edition (450MB, as it has all the AT4 gear in it, ready for for you to Try)
    -- UnZip it, there is a general Installation and Authorization Manual.pdf included
    -- run the AT4 installer (I think that it will also try to install the Authorization Manager (but the one you have downloaded may be more recent) and the old Custom Shop. You may need that, I think, to Try other gear in AT4, but maybe the new Custom Shop will let you do that.
    -- Once the Authorization Manager program is installed, run it and Authorize AmpliTube Orange using the Serial Number in your "My Products" area.
Then you should be able to run AT4, configure it audio/MIDI and load the gear. Or use the AT4 plug-in in a DAW.

Let us know how it goes.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby krsongs » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:48 pm

I bought it from Sweetwater. (They make no mention of Amplitube player being a necessity; dumb on my part I guess. I should have known.)

I think I can get a refund from them, then buy from IK site. THEN I will see it in my "My Products" page.

(Seems to me I still need to BUY Amplitube, then hope there is an option to download an older version. If successful, then the Orange Amp plug in should work.)

Correct?
krsongs

Postby livesforrap » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:44 pm

When you bought it from sweetwater, you should have gotten a serial number and then you register it with the IK product manager.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby krsongs » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:06 pm

Correct, but you must first download the IK product manager... I believe its version 1.0.2, but when installing an error message came up saying:

"Unable to install. Must be running OSX 10.9 or newer."

I am on OSX 10.8.5.
krsongs

Postby livesforrap » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:31 pm

This is confusing. I don't have any "legacy" installer from my IK user account so I don't see any way to install this w/o upgrading the OS.

I do not believe that getting a refund and buying from IK will solve this issue, I might be wrong.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby krsongs » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:46 pm

Yes sounds correct.

OK I will ask SW for a refund.

THANK YOU
krsongs

Postby livesforrap » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:30 am

It's a shame you can't get it to work. Did you install the older "authorization manager" that you listed or did I miss that?
livesforrap

Postby krsongs » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:42 am

I downloaded the "authorization installer.".. I believe its 1.0.26, but I did not unzip it because the word "AUTHORIZATION" scared me because if I authorize this Orange Amp plug in, and its not compatible with OSX 10.8.5, then I will be completely screwed (non-returnable software.)

I thought at I had to at LEAST buy Amplitube FIRST or the plug wont work. The NEW Amplitube version I think may have OLDER versions, and if so I may be in luck.

I an at a crossroads: Don't know which way to go. However there is always the "last" answer, and that is to do nothing (refund.)

I actually own an Orange guitar amp and Ive always loved it's sound. This Orange plug sounds very nice too.
krsongs

Postby livesforrap » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:30 am

Well, I thought all sales were final with software.

Could you at least install the "free" version of AT5 (if that is compatible) and then demo the orange stuff from the custom shop until you get a definitive answer from SW?
livesforrap

Postby krsongs » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:16 am

If the software is not registered it IS returnable. I can't install it, and therefore can't register it.

AmpliTube 5 is minimum OSX 10.10 or higher. :roll:
krsongs

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling