AmpliTube 5 Max standalone won't open in Mac Mojave

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5 Max standalone won't open in Mac Mojave

Postby Randy1nLA » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:17 am

- 15" late 2016 MacBook Pro
- OS X Mojave 10.14.6
- Resolution: 2880 x 1800 vis SwitchResX
(Also tried deactivating SwitchResX and then all 5 resolutions in System Preferences)
- Built in Mic / Speakers @ 44.1k, Roland GP-10, iRig Pro I/O

I installed the AmpliTube 5 version (free/cs version?) available to me after purchasing iRig Pro I/O and it opened and worked fine. However, after I received the iRig and registered it in IK Product Manager, I was then able to purchase the upgrade to AmpliTube 5 Max. After doing that, AmpliTube 5 no longer opens. It crashes on launch. I registered the Max SN# I received in the mail inside IK Product Manager and it shows as registered in IKPM, but the standalone app won't launch anymore! I am able to open the AmpliTube 5 VST inside of Reason Suite 11, but haven't verified how it sounds yet.

I found the AmpliTube 5 dmg file in ~/Documents/IK Multimedia/IK Product Manager and was able to unauthorize in IKPM, uninstall the app, then re-install and re-authorize, yet it will not open.

I saw other posts mentioning the default resolution on a Mac allowed their AmpliTube apps to open. I use a resolution manager called SwitchResX and tried a bunch of different resolutions, all without success. I then deactivated SwitchResX and switched to all 5 resolutions provided in OS X System Prefs with no success. I do not use an external monitor.

I saw posts discussing the audio driver, so I disconnected my Roland GP-10 and iRig Pro I/O and verified in Audio Midi Setup app that I was set to use built in Mic and speakers, 44,100 bitrate and AmpliTube 5 still crashes on opening. I then connected the iRig and set the input bitrate to 44,100 and AT5 still crashes on open.

I have a ticket #8527331 "Registered iRig Pro I/O & purchased AmpliTube 5 Max Upgrade, no new products show in IK Product Manager" and the tech, Sebastion C., responded within 24 hours, but only responded to how to setup the AmpliTube CS app in iOS on my iPhone. I have responded with great detail about the crashes on OS X, including pasting the report that would be sent back to Apple after the crash. He hasn't responded (do I have to wait 24 hours in between each email?! How about a call?).

Has anyone else had issues with the Max standalone version of AmpliTube 5 failing to open on OS X Mojave?

Thanks for any help!
Randy1nLA

Re: AmpliTube 5 Max standalone won't open in Mac Mojave

Postby garfy » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:37 am

Hi Randy1nLA and welcome to the forum.

AT5 working fine here on Mojave on both of my machines (specs in sig). The MacMini is running dual screens at different resolutions, although all just running at default. I haven't changed any resolutions so I can't comment on any specifics.

If you continue to work with support they are best placed to help you.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: AmpliTube 5 Max standalone won't open in Mac Mojave

Postby Randy1nLA » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:15 am

garfy wrote:Hi Randy1nLA and welcome to the forum.

AT5 working fine here on Mojave on both of my machines (specs in sig). The MacMini is running dual screens at different resolutions, although all just running at default. I haven't changed any resolutions so I can't comment on any specifics.

If you continue to work with support they are best placed to help you.

Good to know, Garfy. Thanks for sharing your experience. Will continue to wait for support to get back to me about standalone not launching.
Randy1nLA

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling