AmpliTube 5 M1 Mac compatibility?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: AmpliTube 5 M1 Mac compatibility?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:28 pm

mrlinus41 wrote:Has anyone asked support if/when M1 support is coming? I hope they don't wait till Amplitube 6 so they can charge us for it...

We haven't charged for an M1 update yet including the free update to SampleTron 2 that was just released... And as DarkStar points out, you can contact support for a more definitive answer as this is not a support forum it is a user-to-user discussion forum and a place for general announcements not a full roadmap etc.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:58 pm

However, there is work being done on an M1 native version of AmpliTube. AmpliTube users will receive an update via email when any update is available (make sure you whitelist IK to make sure you get these emails). Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mrlinus41 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:10 pm

Great to hear, thanks for letting us know! Amplitube is great, will be very nice to be able to run native.
mrlinus41

Postby Toefood » Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:11 am

Peter_IK wrote:However, there is work being done on an M1 native version of AmpliTube. AmpliTube users will receive an update via email when any update is available (make sure you whitelist IK to make sure you get these emails). Thank you.

That's great news to hear, thank you for the update!
Toefood

Postby dscheidt » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:41 pm

Got the standard answer that it works under rosetta 2 (which it does well), but no real answer on anything else. Will wait, hopefully soon for native Apple Silicon.
dscheidt

Postby graemeduffin » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:46 am

Hi. After much back and forth with latency issues using iRig Stomp with AT5 (I’m using a workaround of a different interface for the audio side to enable a 128 buffer setting) they said ‘the update (to M1 native) is almost done’
That’s good news!
graemeduffin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:08 pm

graemeduffin wrote:Hi. After much back and forth with latency issues using iRig Stomp with AT5 (I’m using a workaround of a different interface for the audio side to enable a 128 buffer setting) they said ‘the update (to M1 native) is almost done’
That’s good news!

Yes and if that wasn't enough there's something else quite cool about this upcoming update. :D
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thomas.brunkard » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:08 am

Peter_IK wrote:
graemeduffin wrote:Hi. After much back and forth with latency issues using iRig Stomp with AT5 (I’m using a workaround of a different interface for the audio side to enable a 128 buffer setting) they said ‘the update (to M1 native) is almost done’
That’s good news!

Yes and if that wasn't enough there's something else quite cool about this upcoming update. :D

Peter, if this update makes it run on an M1 iPad I can and will beta the heck out of it for you. I'm using AmpliTube at gigs and I have a Mac Mini and Axe I/O in a rack so it would get a good run!
Check out my adventures with AmpliTube Brian May and Axe I/O here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzJ0af-klLVmUizM3dqL8g-oFwEYBTxAu
thomas.brunkard

Postby Shinosuke1 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:44 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
That’s good news!

I'm also using AmpliTube for events and own an Mac Mini and Axe I/O on a rack. It could be a great test!
Shinosuke1

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:49 pm

AmpliTube for M1 macOS computers is coming soon, it will not run on M1 iPads at that time.

And I mean VERY soon, by the way :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:50 pm

With another surprise that only a select few currently know about too... So excited!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby graemeduffin » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:05 pm

I’ve got the M1 Air working great with AT5 albeit via Rosetta. It still doesn’t like the iRig stomp for audio, Buffer size 256 is the lowest I can get it without noises. 64 is just a stream of noise! I’m using a cheap Behringer UMC on the audio side, and I can get that down to 32, so there must be something up with my iRig. Or do they all do that? I’d be interested to find out!
graemeduffin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:17 pm

graemeduffin wrote:I’ve got the M1 Air working great with AT5 albeit via Rosetta. It still doesn’t like the iRig stomp for audio, Buffer size 256 is the lowest I can get it without noises. 64 is just a stream of noise! I’m using a cheap Behringer UMC on the audio side, and I can get that down to 32, so there must be something up with my iRig. Or do they all do that? I’d be interested to find out!

iRig Stomp I/O should work great as an audio interface. If you haven't reached out to support I'd recommend doing so since I know they can help you. It's a really cool interface and controller and should work well for you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby graemeduffin » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:27 pm

Yes, I do believe it should! Mine’s not good. I’m in discussion with the support people there but they don’t seem to know what the issue is (resorting to questions like ‘are you using a USB C cable for the USB’) They also don’t seem have any stock they can swap out for me. I’ll keep trying! As I said, headlining gigs with Wet Wet Wet (my gig since 1984) for a dozen festivals but I don’t want to use a dodgy unit. I’d really like this to work.
graemeduffin

Postby thomas.brunkard » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:56 am

graemeduffin wrote:Yes, I do believe it should! Mine’s not good. I’m in discussion with the support people there but they don’t seem to know what the issue is (resorting to questions like ‘are you using a USB C cable for the USB’) They also don’t seem have any stock they can swap out for me. I’ll keep trying! As I said, headlining gigs with Wet Wet Wet (my gig since 1984) for a dozen festivals but I don’t want to use a dodgy unit. I’d really like this to work.

It's a device I considered for my setup but there were drawbacks. Runninga USB cable across a stage is terrifying for me. I use a Morning Star Engineering MC6 to control AmpliTube onstage. I can run a midi cable if necessary but I actually use a little bluetooth dongle to run the midi back to the Mac Mini and the guitar is on a wireless. That keeps me mobile and all the gear safely at the end of the stage. No wires to trip over too!
Check out my adventures with AmpliTube Brian May and Axe I/O here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzJ0af-klLVmUizM3dqL8g-oFwEYBTxAu
thomas.brunkard

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling