AmpliTube 5 M1 Mac compatibility?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5 M1 Mac compatibility?

Postby Zato_Ichi » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:08 pm

Interested in the AX IO AmpliTube 5 Max bundle but wanted to know where compatibility stood first.

I did a quick search but didn't find any posts on the topic yet. Like with a lot of other software, it seems a bit of a waiting game while things get sorted out. Figured it was worth asking before buying. Is the M1 Mac currently supported under Big Sir?
Zato_Ichi

Re: AmpliTube 5 M1 Mac compatibility?

Postby tsontario » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:23 am

I've been running Amplitube 5 on an M1 MacBook with Big Sur since it was released and haven't had any issues whatsoever. I'm also using the Axe I/O as an interface, for what it's worth.
tsontario

Postby Zato_Ichi » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:44 pm

Thanks,

I didn't find much online searching though did hear most of the plugins were working on the M1 chip. I also figure that any bugs will get worked out eventually. The bundle seems like a pretty good deal.
Zato_Ichi

Postby daniel.wal » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:46 pm

Thanks tsontario for your answer. Do you run Amplitube 5 in native mode or like Audio Unit in GarageBand? This is the way I use it, but nowhere I can find information about this mode with M1 chip
daniel.wal

Postby Damagical » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:07 am

Are there plans for a M1 native version of AmpliTube 5 ?
Damagical

Postby mrlinus41 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:36 pm

Also wondering this. I have been having to run Logic in Rosetta, because I was having performance issues otherwise.
mrlinus41

Postby Damagical » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:57 pm

What I am finding is if I am using native M1 plugins I can have my audio settings at 128 samples (no pops and crackles), but as soon as I use an intel plugin through rosetta I have to set it at 1024 samples to eliminate most of the pops and crackles, but it still doesn't get rid of them all. For me personally, it's the Plugin Alliance plugins and BFD3 that I need native. I have switched temporarily to Superior Drummer 3 because it is native- but I used a lot of plugin alliance plugins that I can't just not use.. M1 native plugins please!
Damagical

Postby Damagical » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:05 am

Amplitube 5 M1 native is what I am waiting on from IK. And it's a plugin I can't do without!
Damagical

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:21 pm

I'm very surprised and dissapointed that IK has been so slow in providing native Apple Silcon support. Especially for their flagship Amplitube.
Musical.Alchemy

Postby Damagical » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:29 pm

Musical.Alchemy wrote:I'm very surprised and dissapointed that IK has been so slow in providing native Apple Silcon support. Especially for their flagship Amplitube.

It's frustrating at times- but an OS upgrade can take about a year to be supported. Silicon is a whole new architecture. We just let support know we are waiting on it to help raise the priority.. Create a ticket!
Damagical

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:32 pm

Damagical wrote:
Musical.Alchemy wrote:I'm very surprised and dissapointed that IK has been so slow in providing native Apple Silcon support. Especially for their flagship Amplitube.

It's frustrating at times- but an OS upgrade can take about a year to be supported. Silicon is a whole new architecture. We just let support know we are waiting on it to help raise the priority.. Create a ticket!

Yes, I agree with you. However I think the very least would be to make their customer base aware of where they stand as to a timetable of sorts. We receive very little if any info.
I don't really even know what will or will not be updated ?
Musical.Alchemy

Postby dave.murray16 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:34 pm

Hi,

Some of your products are currently Apple Silicon native but AmpliTube 5 isn't yet which is a bummer since AmpliTube is one of your flagship software.

Do you know when it should be available?
dave.murray16

Postby Toefood » Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:16 pm

Musical.Alchemy wrote:Yes, I agree with you. However I think the very least would be to make their customer base aware of where they stand as to a timetable of sorts. We receive very little if any info.
I don't really even know what will or will not be updated ?

Been waiting on it for a long time too. The lack of a timetable has me considering alternatives at this point.
Toefood

Postby mrlinus41 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:09 pm

Has anyone asked support if/when M1 support is coming? I hope they don't wait till Amplitube 6 so they can charge us for it...
mrlinus41

Postby DarkStar » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:33 am

Damagical wrote:If only there were an employee of IK who read these forums.. lol

Some IK Multimedia do read these forums. But the for a definitive answer please contact Technical Support.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling