Transferring IK products to new pc

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Transferring IK products to new pc

Postby tommartini604 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:58 pm

I purchased a new PC and am loading all my programs on it. I think I know the answer to this but I'll ask anyway before screwing something up.

When I load all the IK programs on my new system like Amplitube 5, do I have to delete it from my old system first to have all my gear available on my new system because when I try to restore my gear on the new system there are locks on most everything that isn't the basic version of Amp 5.

I had Amp 4 Max and downloaded Amp 5 CS, restored my gear and only the basic version of the gear in Amp 5 is showing.
tommartini604

Re: Transferring IK products to new pc

Postby garfy » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:25 pm

Hi tommartini604

No, you don't need to uninstall from your other machine, unless you plan on selling it/moving it on.

You will need to authorise the new machine using the IKPM or Authorisation Manager, depending on the age of the software you are installing.

tommartini604 wrote:I had Amp 4 Max and downloaded Amp 5 CS, restored my gear and only the basic version of the gear in Amp 5 is showing.

If by this you mean you having opened the Custom Shop 2 app, clicked on your Username, then clicked Restore My Purchases and it hasn't worked? If so, unauthorising and then re-authorising AT5 with the IKPM has helped some users in the past.

If that doesn't work, then the best way to proceed will be to check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Transferring IK products to new pc

Postby tommartini604 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:49 pm

What is strange is that when I upgraded my Amplitube 4 Max to Amplitube 5 I have almost all the gear as Amp5 Max except maybe 5 items. Now I only have the basic gear plus one pack I purchased. So it's less than I had before upgrading and because it's loaded on my new system , my old system shows the same thing now because it connects to the server so something happened all of a sudden. I don't even see all the custom patches I created anylonger.
tommartini604

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling