Split from FEATURES Wishlist - slow opening

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Split from FEATURES Wishlist - slow opening

Postby christopher.moyse » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:04 pm

livesforrap wrote:
christopher.moyse wrote:Two improvements, please -

1 - noise reduction like AT4 (i.e. not only as a stomp). The AT4 implementation was easy to "reach for" when you decided that it was required and was very straightforward to calibrate.

2 - faster start-up: my AT5 takes far too long to collect whatever it's collecting before it comes alive each time (and it uses a huge amount of RAM, too).

They would be nice improvements for 5.0.2!

Ditto and ditto. It's longer than sunset reverb by a lot so it's a while before my template loads :roll:

Just a question to you and anyone else experiencing long startup - do you use a cloud service to backup or mirror the location of AT5's Presets.db? I use OneDrive and I saw a flurry of activity around Presets.db whilst I was waiting during the long startup. I've let Tech Support know this, but it'd be interesting to know whether others have similar circumstances.
christopher.moyse

Re: Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

Postby livesforrap » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:22 pm

I don't have one drive on, major hassle.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby opcode » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:12 pm

christopher.moyse wrote:Just a question to you and anyone else experiencing long startup - do you use a cloud service to backup or mirror the location of AT5's Presets.db? I use OneDrive and I saw a flurry of activity around Presets.db whilst I was waiting during the long startup. I've let Tech Support know this, but it'd be interesting to know whether others have similar circumstances.

Not cloud storage, but I use the local duplication software DrivePool, and AT5's way of handling Presets.db (and the corresponding journal) reproducably caused trouble, forcing me to relocate the file to an unduplicated place. This is DrivePool's fault, but it is a new problem which didn't occur with AT4.
opcode

Postby livesforrap » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:19 pm

Yeah, that's the thing. AT4 wasn't swift by any stretch but 5 takes quite a bit longer.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby christopher.moyse » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:36 pm

opcode wrote:
christopher.moyse wrote:Just a question to you and anyone else experiencing long startup - do you use a cloud service to backup or mirror the location of AT5's Presets.db? I use OneDrive and I saw a flurry of activity around Presets.db whilst I was waiting during the long startup. I've let Tech Support know this, but it'd be interesting to know whether others have similar circumstances.

Not cloud storage, but I use the local duplication software DrivePool, and AT5's way of handling Presets.db (and the corresponding journal) reproducably caused trouble, forcing me to relocate the file to an unduplicated place. This is DrivePool's fault, but it is a new problem which didn't occur with AT4.

Thanks. That's interesting. When I get a moment (sic) I'll see if it's straightforward to tell AT5 to use a different location and see how that works out.
christopher.moyse

Re: Split from FEATURES Wishlist - slow opening

Postby opcode » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:39 pm

I just moved the folder and created a hard link (directory junction under Windows) in its place, which points to the new location.
opcode

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling