Custom Shop hissing

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Custom Shop hissing

Postby livesforrap » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:32 pm

I've started my own thread about this and the hissing with custom shop.

I don't have facebook so not sure if I can get a conversation going (I just dread all the standard reinstalling/etc first try stuff)

It's about 85 % of the time here and it doesn't matter which host I'm using.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Re: Custom Shop hissing

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:07 pm

It would occur if the plugin isn't authorized and your are not demoing gear (which, as you know requires internet connection and Custom Shop application open in the background or that will also cause hissing). The only thing users, mods, admins, etc here would suggest is something you've already tried or de-authorizing and then re-authorizing. If you have a ticket number from a support request that hasn't been answered in a reasonable amount of time, please provide that and I'll relay it to our Support Manager.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby joguar » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:38 pm

Also frustrated by reinstall/first try this etc. I finally did receive a vague reply to an open ticket today regarding this issue. Essentially was told changes were made on back end, to retry and see if it works. will try again later on today
joguar

Postby livesforrap » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:46 pm

The closest I can get is to restart CS and wait a couple of minutes then I get around 10 minutes before the hissing starts.

This is clearly a communication problem with CS and the plug in. The demoed products disappearing and repapering is a clear sign.

Hopefully we can figure it out. I guess also I've demoed these enough to know what I want but it's 20 credits left over for who knows what :lol:
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby joguar » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:53 am

so tried again hiss persists, I'm giving up on trying gear will just have to purchase & hope that works as it should. would be a great feature of the CS if functional.
joguar

Postby livesforrap » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:53 am

It's really inconsistent here. I can jam for a while w/o and then all of the sudden it starts, badly :roll: Almost like it's on steroids.
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:44 am

Ok, this is just WIERD. I've now been jamming for a long time with no hiss. The only difference is that it's just on the VM with the black cab where I've been doing a lot of a/b'ing with like either the PRS or JS50 with the Satch cabs and THEN it starts hissing at me.

I know that there is nothing that can be done unless tech support jumping in but it helps to share.
livesforrap

Postby joguar » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:51 pm

absolutely helps to share while tech support figures this out.
joguar

Re: Custom Shop STILL hissing

Postby joguar » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:07 am

I have updated all software, turned off all security apps and the custom shop is open with a verified strong internet connection and still get hissssssssss when demoing gear. The custom shop is open I see the clock app ticking down not a locked piece of gear & still get hiss.

I also still have to restore all my purchased gear every single time which gives me absolutely zero confidence any future purchases will work either until bugs are worked out.
joguar

Postby livesforrap » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:32 am

I don't ever have to restore my gear but I'm glad my trial is over :lol:

There was a few times I could just jam w/o it but mostly it was just terrible. I wish there was a way to identify the problem.
livesforrap

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling