echo issues, using AmpliTube 4

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: echo issues, using AmpliTube 4

Postby pmneves » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:46 pm

I've already answered and they now got back to me asking for some audio files and the Reaper session so they can look into it, which is what I was expecting in the first place (and not some message to switch to A5).

I'm not an expert on Reaper but tried to look into all routing settings and didn't find anything wrong. In Scarlett I'm not sure but my interface (Scarlett Solo) is quite basic and except for the "direct monitor" setting can't see other problem there.

What makes me think the problem is from Amplitube is precisely because I've tried using Bias Fx2 instead of A4 and the reverb issue disappears. What is weird is that I was using A4 for several months and always worked perfectly... so can't understand why I now get this huge reverb sound either on live input and on playback. I'm really hoping Support can understand where the problem is coming from because I really like Amplitube's quality and versatility.
pmneves

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:10 am

That's good to hear about the problem not occurring when you used the Bias FX instead.

Some wild ideas:
-- does the problem occur if you use AT4 or AT5 standalone programs, each with the respective gear loaded?
-- does it occur in a brand new Reaper project with AT4 or AT5 loaded?
-- do you have another DAW you can try?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby livesforrap » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:27 am

I like Darkstar's idea of trying a different host. At this point in time you've got nothing to lose.

FWIW AT4 (last version) works as expected here in Reaper 6.2.

I'm on windows 10 (whatever the latest is) and using a Babyface pro. I know that might not help but just in case.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:29 am

Oh, as for other hosts if you don't have one try an ableton lite (you probably have one laying around) or maybe FL studio? It's not the easiest host to use imho but I think you can demo everything for free.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby pmneves » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:08 pm

thanks both for your suggestions.

so basically I've tried everything I can remember and still can't sort it out:
- Problem occurs in standalone AT4 and AT5 as well
- also happens in a brand new reaper session

tried on Garageband, which is the only one I have besides Reaper, and the problem is even more noticeable.
pmneves

Postby livesforrap » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:41 pm

Yikes.
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:43 pm

Another total shot in the dark. It isn't by any chance loading the "default" with some whacky verbs or something is it? Again, just trying anything that comes to mind.
livesforrap

Postby pmneves » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:25 pm

Thanks, all ideas are welcome. I haven't checked on the default but have tried a lot of different amps and even with presets I had done before. On some I manage to almost get rid of the reverb, if set to 0, but if I put it let's say at 0.5 then it's huge, which is not supposed to.

Maybe the users that reported extreme reverb sensitivity are having the same problem as me and think that AT settings are really sensitive. I was fortuna to have used AT for quite a while with everything working well, so the issue is not reverb sensitivity because in that sense I think the settings work very similar to analog gear.
I'm missing something here, for sure, because it worked well before. Maybe it's something very simple, as you suggested, just need to find out along the line where the issue is coming from.
pmneves

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling