echo issues, using AmpliTube 4

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

echo issues, using AmpliTube 4

Postby pmneves » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:30 pm

Since yesterday, everytime I try to record something with my guitar (connected to a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen) there is a big echo/reverb sound mixed with my input. I didn't change any setting and I've gone over all preferences in Reaper and Amplitube 4 and can't find where the problem is coming from.

If I turn off the vst plugin, the echo disappears, so I'm assuming the problem is coming from Amplitube. Whether I'm playing or recording, this annoying echo is always on my signal. Tried with different amps, turning off the cabinets, etc., and nothing works.

Has anyone had a similar problem or have any idea where the problem might be? thanks

I'm using a Mac with Mojave OS, Reaper 6.13, Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen
pmneves

Re: echo issues

Postby thecandlemambo » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:24 pm

I'm a total home recording novice, so keep that in mind, but I was having the same problem and I believe I corrected it by adjusting the Direct Monitoring setting on my Focusrite. Perhaps give that a shot if you haven't already.

Good luck!
thecandlemambo

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:03 pm

Yep, it sounds like Direct Monitoring to me too. Have a look in the Scarlett User Guide and disable it / turn it down.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby pmneves » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:08 pm

thank you both for your help. That was one of the first things I tried but unfortunately didn't solve the problem. I've done some further testing to try to narrow it down and it seems that the problem is coming from Amplitube:
- on the same guitar track tried to use a similar software instead of Amplitube and the echo/reverb disappears. As soon as I change to Amplitube the problem returns.
- basically I can almost get rid of the problem if I put all reverb to 0 (in the amps that have this setting) or turn off all reverb/delay rack effects. this is not satisfying as I have always used this effects without problems and now can't figure out why this is happening
pmneves

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:52 pm

Other users have mentioned the extreme sensitivity of (some of?) the Reverb level controls.

It would be worth reporting a specific problem case to Support so that they can investigate.

Check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby supanorton » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:08 pm

Does it happen with every amp/preset?

Is it the room fader in the mixer?
supanorton

Postby pmneves » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:06 pm

DarkStar wrote:Other users have mentioned the extreme sensitivity of (some of?) the Reverb level controls.

It would be worth reporting a speciifc problem case to Support so that they can investigate.

Already reported the issue to Technical Support 2 days ago, waiting for their answer and hopefully they'll be able to understand where this is coming from.
Until now I never had problems with the reverb sensitivity but maybe the issue I'm having now is the same as other users reported... if I don't have all reverb setting to 0, either in amp or fx, I get this issue.
Once I'm able to solve it, will post what had to be done in case it may help others who encounter the same problem
pmneves

Postby pmneves » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:07 pm

supanorton wrote:Does it happen with every amp/preset?

Is it the room fader in the mixer?

Yes, at least with all the amps/presets I've tried so far (and they were quite a lot).

It's not the room fader, even when it's off I still get the annoying/loud reverb.
pmneves

Postby pmneves » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:23 pm

DarkStar wrote:Other users have mentioned the extreme sensitivity of (some of?) the Reverb level controls.

It would be worth reporting a speciifc problem case to Support so that they can investigate.

Is there a topic on the forum where I can find workarounds from users that reported extreme sensitivity with reverb? I've searched but can't find anything relevant.
Sorry but I'm getting desperate. We decided to use Amplitube to record the guitars for our first album, as we were quite happy with the sound we were getting, and had already started tracking before this issue happened. I contacted support on the 4th January and have no answer so far... can't understand how IK Multimedia treats their customers like this.
pmneves

Postby Abikis » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:46 pm

pmneves wrote: I contacted support on the 4th January and have no answer so far... can't understand how IK Multimedia treats their customers like this.

I'm also waiting 3+ weeks for a reply. Forum rules say you can message Ryan if you don't get a response in a reasonable time, never got a reply from him either.
Abikis

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:31 pm

That's not the norm. Please post your ticket number and we'll have someone look into it. Typically when there's that long a gap there's an email-related issue somewhere in the chain. Also, of course please check your spam/junk folders for any replies.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pmneves » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:28 pm

Thanks Peter. Ticket number is #3234136, just double checked spam folders and have no reply from IK Multimedia.
pmneves

Postby pmneves » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:31 pm

Abikis wrote:
pmneves wrote: I contacted support on the 4th January and have no answer so far... can't understand how IK Multimedia treats their customers like this.

I'm also waiting 3+ weeks for a reply. Forum rules say you can message Ryan if you don't get a response in a reasonable time, never got a reply from him either.

I'm a novice here, how can you find Ryan? Maybe will try that as well in case I don't hear from them in the next few days. Send your ticket nr. to Peter, hopefully someone can do something about it
pmneves

Postby pmneves » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:26 am

Peter_IK wrote:That's not the norm. Please post your ticket number and we'll have someone look into it. Typically when there's that long a gap there's an email-related issue somewhere in the chain. Also, of course please check your spam/junk folders for any replies.

Thanks for your help Peter, after waiting for 17 days they answered one hour after your message!

[Mod edit: text redacted. Please review the forum Guidelines about posting direct replies received from Support.]

First of all, I'm very happy with AT 4 and don't want to buy the new one. Second, I've tried AT 5 and still have the same problem, so IK Multimedia should be focused on solving the issue I have. Or the users of AT 4 are not being considered anymore?
pmneves

Re: echo issues, using AmpliTube 4

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:30 pm

Please Reply to your Support ticket, saying that the same problem occurs with AT5. And that as you are in mid-project you really need it resolved for both AT4 and AT5.

However, at first sight, it does sound like the cause is something other than AmpliTube. Especially as it started in early January. Could you have some dodgy routing in Reaper or mixing in the Scarlett? Can you try it with other plug-ins, replacing AmpliTube?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling