Custom Shop, My Gear, some with no green check mark

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Custom Shop, My Gear, some with no green check mark

Postby dmitch » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:16 am

AT 5.0.1 with Custom Shop 2.0. I upgraded from AT4 MAX to AT5, so I have a fair amount of gear that is not included in the standard AT5.

In Custom Shop, I go to "My Profile", click on "Amplitube" to see "My Gear". It looks like my gear all there...but most items have a green check mark, and some don't. The ones that don't are indeed available in my AT5 app, they don't have to be installed or authorized. I can't see any pattern except for all the items under "My Gear" with *no* green check mark are shown as "Included in AT5 SE, AT5, AT5 MAX". (I guess that means they were new to AT5?)

No biggie except when browsing gear in the main area of Custom Shop, the green check marks are not a reliable way to see what I do and do not have.

So...what's the deal with the missing green check marks for gear that I have and which is installed?

Update: Now I see, in the main area of the Custom Shop, gear with green check but which I do *not* own. Like the T-Rex Mudhoney stomp: Green check mark, popup says it's included in AT5 MAX (which I do not have). But the AT5 app doesn't show it anywhere no matter what state the x/check selector is in. What? Why does the Custom Shop think I own it, but the app doesn't know anything about it? (I already did a Restore My Purchases.)
AmpliTube 5.7.0 MAX; 2023 Mac Mini M2 Pro, 16 GB RAM, macOS 14.1; Logic Pro 10.7.9; Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen.
dmitch

Re: Custom Shop, My Gear, some with no green check mark

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:16 pm

Did you also log out and back into the Custom Shop application? That may resolve this for you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dmitch » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:54 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Did you also log out and back into the Custom Shop application? That may resolve this for you.

I did, and it didn't solve the problem.

I did, however, manage to find the T-Rex Mudhoney stomp in my gear, so the presence of the green check mark on that one is OK. :-)
AmpliTube 5.7.0 MAX; 2023 Mac Mini M2 Pro, 16 GB RAM, macOS 14.1; Logic Pro 10.7.9; Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen.
dmitch

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:59 pm

I would recommend reporting this to the IK Support team as they would have more ability to fix this for you via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dmitch » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:12 pm

Peter_IK wrote:I would recommend reporting this to the IK Support team as they would have more ability to fix this for you via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Done. Thanks!
dmitch

Postby livesforrap » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:43 pm

Yeah, it's kinda weird. The ones you don't have are marked but/try but there are some (legacy???) that don't have the green check mark. Oh well, reported and we'll see (IK's not getting back to people so fast, a burden of the holidays and new release? )
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby mike__carpenter » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:26 am

I have the same issue. Random pieces of gear don’t have green check marks, but when I go into AT5 everything is there and ready to be used.
mike__carpenter

Postby livesforrap » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:48 am

It's just a glitch in the matrix.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:00 am

Now that I'm demoing some stuff in the custom shop, I'm also getting random "hissssssssssssss" 's like custom shop is not opened. Then it goes away. Weird, I'll report that too (I hope someone at support is getting to these)
livesforrap

Postby joguar » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:34 pm

I have been having same issue with CS "hissssss" as if it is not open when it clearly is. Makes demo function completely unusable. In addition purchased gear is randomly locked & only fix is to restore my gear in CS, but continues to happen. I also hope support is getting to these, have been patiently waiting for a response on open ticket.
joguar

Postby livesforrap » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:58 pm

Sometimes I just stare at the screen :lol:

But noticed the "satch" marshal disappear for a moment. Sometimes the demo works as it's supposed to, sometimes not (very annoying when it happens)
livesforrap

Postby dmitch » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:45 pm

I've been attempting to work with IK product support on this. I filed a ticket; the only responses were a string of boilerplate emails telling me to restore my purchases (twice) and re-authorize my AT5. None of their suggestions have any effect. The folks I've been working with don't seem to grasp that there is an actual problem which is affecting multiple customers.

I'd like to ask you folks that have been having the same problem - gear that you own but does not show up as owned in the Custom Shop - please file a ticket and give the folks at IK as much info as possible. They are not reading this forum, and I'm not sure that anyone in a position to understand the problem - let alone fix it - has been brought into the loop. Hopefully with a few more bug reports, the right folks will pay attention.

Also - folks with other problems, like hissing when trying to demo products in the Custom Shop, you might want to start your own thread or contact IK product support on that problem; that's different than the problem being discussed here.

Thanks!
dmitch

Postby joguar » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:58 am

I think both the hissing and having to constantly restore gear is a related issue. In both cases, the software does not recognize a purchase or a trial period in the custom shop.
joguar

Postby livesforrap » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:14 am

dmitch wrote:Also - folks with other problems, like hissing when trying to demo products in the Custom Shop, you might want to start your own thread or contact IK product support on that problem; that's different than the problem being discussed here.

Thanks!

I was trying to kill two birds with one stone because I think it's all related. Let me clarify, you've got all the gear but some just list it w/o the green checkmark, right? If so, I have the same issue and I feel that custom shop is a bit half baked.
livesforrap

Postby dmitch » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:23 am

livesforrap wrote: Let me clarify, you've got all the gear but some just list it w/o the green checkmark, right?

Exactly.

[mod redacted: unnecessary, untrue]
dmitch

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling