Problems with Logic Pro X learning the midi wah

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Problems with Logic Pro X learning the midi wah

Postby Bscur1 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:08 am

I have a problem where Amplitube 5 will not learn midi in Logic Pro X to work a wah pedal. I am using an AXE I/O and a pedal plugged into that. The learn midi feature works perfectly with Amplitube as a standalone program, but within Logic Pro X I can't get Amplitube to learn midi. I created a setting in Amplitube with a wah and when I open it inside of Logic it says Wah: Midi CC 11. If I try to add a wah it says Waiting for Midi Input. Neither registers the wah. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Bscur1

Re: Problems with Logic Pro X learning the midi wah

Postby jason.martin.nl » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:57 pm

Here's a video I found useful for this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz3AFb-LPNo

It's for Amplitube 4 but the same will work in 5. Basically you need to create a software instrument in logic and sidechain it to the audio track. I guess the audio track doesn't accept MIDI so that's why you need the software instrument track created but you still need a channel to record the audio. So one track for audio and one track for software instrument (midi) and sidechain midi to audio.

Hope this helps!
jason.martin.nl

Postby supanorton » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:41 am

Has anyone figured out how to do this in real time?

I followed the instructions in the video, but it only works on a prerecorded audio track. When I try it in real time while recording the audio, it doesn't work. I only hear the clean guitar with no effects.
supanorton

Postby garfy » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:21 am

As you've posted a new thread I'll lock this one to keep the forum tidy.

If you're interested here is the new thread
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling