AmpliTube 5 X SSL2 - Crackling & Latency

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5 X SSL2 - Crackling & Latency

Postby JackTxcliffe » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:59 pm

Hello all,

I am having much difficulty using AT5. Whenever I play I am getting awful crackling and lag, making it impossible to play. The more pedals etc I use, the worse it gets, but I'm having this problem even with a simple amp + overdrive setup too.

Increasing the buffer size helps, but then there is latency. I can only play crackle-free at 1024 or 2048 buffer size. But here (especially at 2048) there is severe latency.

I am running through an SSL 2, and monitoring using Beyerdynamic D770 Pro 80 ohm headphones. Laptop is a Macbook (12 in, 2015, Big Sur) with 8GB of RAM. I still have a lot of CPU available on Activity Monitor when I am running AmpliTube so this doesn't seem to be the issue.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you
JackTxcliffe

Re: AmpliTube 5 X SSL2 - Crackling & Latency

Postby livesforrap » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:03 pm

Is this standalone or plugin? If it's both then there is something going on with AT5 and Big Sur. It is common for Mac OS updates to be wonky for first/early adaptors. They are notorious for it.

I'm not sure if AT5 was tested with Big Sur or not. Many companies are telling people to hold off on updating.

Probably the oldest cliche ever, but check for driver updates.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling