Amplitube 5 Presets

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 Presets

Postby xyXYxy3 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:15 am

Hi,

I do have some questions/errors/feature-requests with A5-Presets.

1. Since today(maybe yesterday) my Preset-List is broken. i.E. Some of my own Sub-folders are gone within A5.
The A5 CS-Presets only contains the Triple British Channel. The files still exist in the preset-folder. The Buttons in Live-Mode still work.

2. Presets contain AMPs for threeway-amping, although only 1 AMP is used in the preset. This is quite a nice feature, so i can change to 2 or 3 Amps and there is an fitting AMP-B and AMP-C. But if the saved preset contains on AMP-C an AMP i do not own, i get a message: Sound may differ, although only 1(or 2) Amps are used. It would be great, if the message only comes if one change for 3-Amps, or at least the Message states, that the missing gear is only missing in the 3-AMP-Setting.

3. In part because of point 2. It seems like many Presets are for MAX-Users only. ;(
Some examples:
a. Preset 20(Triple British Channel) in the A5 CS-Folder contains T-Rack-Components and this said, it is not for CS-Only-Users.
b. Where are Presets for the SE-Version?
c. See Point 2. Especially in Amplitube Collections, it seems like one needs another Collection(i.e. Fender 2) to use the settings. But also on legacy-Presets.

The Legacy-Dual Metal V needs the '57 Bandmaster, although AMP-A is Metal Lead V and AMP-B is American Tube Clean 1. And AMP-C is not configured.
It would be great, if those false/too early notifications within the Presets could stop.

Thank you for your time and afford. I realy whish some of those points could be fixed soon. ;)
xyXYxy3

Re: Amplitube 5 Presets

Postby garfy » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:20 am

Hello xyXYxy3 and welcome to the forums.

1) As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.

All other issues with non-owned gear - there is an icon in the top right hand corner of the GUI of a combo amp that, when clicked, cycles through 3 states of ticks and crosses. If this is cycled to just a tick the only gear available to you in the app will be gear you own. Conversely, this also filters the presets in the drop down menu to only show you presets with gear you own.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby xyXYxy3 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:26 am

Hi Garfy,
thank you for your respond. It helped a lot. :shock:

The first point is now solved. The button you mentioned later was set to show everything you do not have. To be honest, i think how it works with the presetlist is quite ridiculous. I do think there are some benefits in only showing gear you do not have. But what are the merits of only showing the presets you might not be able to use? :lol:

Showing only the presets which uses gear you own is quite useful. But it makes the situation with the AMP-B,AMP-C presets which aren't used by default much worse.
xyXYxy3

Postby garfy » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:32 am

Glad that the first issue is sorted.

All presets can be accessed so you can Trial any unowned gear from the Custom Shop for 72 hours to see if you want to purchase anything additional. I guess you can view unowned gear (using the X in the filter button) so you can browse the shop and see what's available, just like a physical store.

xyXYxy3 wrote:But it makes the situation with the AMP-B,AMP-C presets which aren't used by default much worse.

I don't quite understand what you mean here.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby xyXYxy3 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:28 pm

A concrete example:

If i choose ACollections\AMetal\Metal Symphony Amplitube notifies, that Fender Bandmast+CAB is missing and that the sound will be alianated.

So i assumed, i can't use this preset. But then i saw this preset on youtube. I saw that this 1-AMP-preset uses Vintage Metal Lead. Looking into the Metal Symphony.at5p i saw that AMP-B for a 2-AMP-Configuration is Metal Lead V. I can also use this one.

Only with a 3-AMP-Configuration the AMP is missing. But you cannot see this without opening the at5p-File. At Least this should be part of the Notification.
xyXYxy3

Postby kenwchan » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:20 pm

Sorry if this is deemed hijacking but I'm finding this ridiculous. So I purchased Metal in Amp4,but it doesn't find the amps in Amp5...So I'm supposed to keep using Amp4? Where's the logic in this? Why do I have to buy the Bandmaster to use my old presets?

Also, I only see 20 presets for Amplitube 5? I was expecting something like more "complete rigs" that were in Amp4.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I can play some guitar but don't know enough about amps and racks and pedals to really form my own sound and would like presets as a starting point...

The way they do the preset system seems really kludgy.

*** edit: wait, so no they're in the Legacy area...? so confusing -
kenwchan

Postby funinstars » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:19 pm

My preset list got broken somehow, so I re-installed A5 and it's back to normal (if you wan to call the way they have presets normal).

One good thing now, is the product manager. You can un-authorize your install, so the number of installs resets, so when you re-install your back to 1 install. Before you just went through them ( or maybe it was the same, don't know)
funinstars

Postby kenwchan » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:14 am

funinstars wrote:My preset list got broken somehow, so I re-installed A5 and it's back to normal (if you wan to call the way they have presets normal).

One good thing now, is the product manager. You can un-authorize your install, so the number of installs resets, so when you re-install your back to 1 install. Before you just went through them ( or maybe it was the same, don't know)

Hm, I'm not usually this daft but I don't see an uninstaller anywhere for Amp5...somewhere in IK Product Manager?
kenwchan

Postby funinstars » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:50 am

No it's do-it-yourself

On a Mac I just deleted the various places that it is present. It's probably a specific file or something, I just delete them all. Maybe others will give you more info. No time to list them all

Nothing really hidden though. Easy.
funinstars

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:26 pm

kenwchan wrote:Hm, I'm not usually this daft but I don't see an uninstaller anywhere for Amp5...somewhere in IK Product Manager?

There isn't one yet, but it has been requested.

I trust that you both have now made a back-up copy of the presets before proceeding. ;)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:47 pm

There should be an installer in the DMG you download for the install, I'm told. For Mac, that is, of course. For Windows you simply use the Add/Remove Programs ( yes, I'm old and know it is called something different now :D )
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kenwchan » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:04 pm

Peter_IK wrote:There should be an installer in the DMG you download for the install, I'm told. For Mac, that is, of course. For Windows you simply use the Add/Remove Programs ( yes, I'm old and know it is called something different now :D )

Are you referring to the IK Product Manager? How would that uninstall the Amplitube 5 plugin specifically, and not the other plugins I have purchased - like Sampletank, TR5? Wouldn't that actually just uninstall the IK Product Manager program? So I should I worry about un-authorizing every thing else too? This isn't very intuitive.

So frustrating.
kenwchan

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:13 am

kenwchan wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:There should be an installer in the DMG you download for the install, I'm told. For Mac, that is, of course. For Windows you simply use the Add/Remove Programs ( yes, I'm old and know it is called something different now :D )

Are you referring to the IK Product Manager? How would that uninstall the Amplitube 5 plugin specifically, and not the other plugins I have purchased - like Sampletank, TR5? Wouldn't that actually just uninstall the IK Product Manager program? So I should I worry about un-authorizing every thing else too? This isn't very intuitive.

So frustrating.

You can find the location of the downloaded installers in the settings section of IK Product Manager. That's where the DMG I refer to will be located on your system.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kenwchan » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:39 am

Peter_IK wrote:
kenwchan wrote:

So frustrating.

You can find the location of the downloaded installers in the settings section of IK Product Manager. That's where the DMG I refer to will be located on your system.

Ok, I see them now, thanks. I'll try the un-install thing.

Thanks,
Ken
kenwchan

Postby iainrussell » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:29 pm

Hi,

Did uninstalling/reinstalling fix the problem with the metal presets requiring the '57 Bandmaster amp? I get the message that presets are missing this amp, quite randomly, but the metal ones in particular seem to think they need it, even if their corresponding xml files do not mention it at all.

Regarding the lack of metal presets, I found all the old ones under 'Legacy'. They all worked for me, but when I tried some other presets and then went back to the legacy metal ones, they suddenly decided that they too need the '57 Bandmaster amp, every single one of them! This seems more like a bug in the software than something that would be fixed by reinstalling.
iainrussell

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling