Missing Gear Continues in AT5 - Fender Collections

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Missing Gear Continues in AT5 - Fender Collections

Postby Sonicmojo » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:50 am

I am running Amplitube 5.01 and have purchased the Fender 1 and 2 Collections. Despite some forum notes saying this issue as been resolved - like this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26228" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I continue to experience missing gear (very strange missing gear) when I select specific Fender Collection 1 & 2 presets from the Presets area

AT5 tells me I am missing things that should not be part of any Fender collection preset - like Red Pig, 4x12 Recto Traditional Slant and so on.

Example:

I click on the Preset field (to the right of the folder icon) in the upper left of the AT5 interface - then choose Amplitube Collections -> Amplitube Fender 1 ->"Grunge" (5th last preset choice on the menu) and AT5 posts this message:

"The current preset uses models that are not yet owned:

4x12 Recto Traditional Slant OR-120

The missing models will not be loaded, therefore the preset may not sound as intended"

Since when would a "grunge" preset that should be using amps and cabs directly related to Fender 1 collection need a 4x12 Recto Traditional Slant cabinet? Or am I missing something?

Same thing happens (with different gear missing) for at least another half dozen presets I tried in this collection.

There is clearly something really wrong with AT5 and yes - I have done all the recommended quick fixes suggesting in the thread above (like Restore my Purchases etc etc).

Any tips would be appreciated.

Cheers

Sonic.
Sonicmojo

Re: Missing Gear Continues in AT5 - Fender Collections

Postby supanorton » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:25 am

Sonicmojo wrote:AT5 tells me I am missing things that should not be part of any Fender collection preset - like Red Pig, 4x12 Recto Traditional Slant and so on.

Sonic.

Hmmm...I just went through all the Fender 1 and 2 presets in standalone and in Logic, and they all loaded for me. None of the gear you mention is part of the presets. Weird that you're experiencing that. Sorry, man. You might want to reach out to IK support or reinstall.
supanorton

Postby Sonicmojo » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:37 pm

supanorton wrote:
Sonicmojo wrote:AT5 tells me I am missing things that should not be part of any Fender collection preset - like Red Pig, 4x12 Recto Traditional Slant and so on.

Sonic.

Hmmm...I just went through all the Fender 1 and 2 presets in standalone and in Logic, and they all loaded for me. None of the gear you mention is part of the presets. Weird that you're experiencing that. Sorry, man. You might want to reach out to IK support or reinstall.

So I brewed a pot of coffee and stripped the DAW of all traces of anything IK Multimedia - then carefully reinstalled my key products (just Sampletank 4.13 and Amplitube 5.01).

Even after all that - the Fender 1 and 2 collections continue to reference gear pieces that have nothing to do with the collections themselves. The craziest one now is a preset from Fender 1 called "Blur Rhythm". It now wants to load:

4x12 Metal V1
Red Pig
Ribbon Mic 121

I give up and may have to try support - not looking forward to that experience.

Will report back.

Cheers

Sonic.
Sonicmojo

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Don't be worried. Support will be able to help, but it may take a few days as they are quite busy. The more details you can give them, the better.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby garfy » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:56 pm

Sonicmojo wrote:I give up and may have to try support - not looking forward to that experience.

Definitely open a ticket with official support for one-to-one help. I don't know what OS you're using, but I have AT5.01 with both Fender Collections working as expected (after an initial hiccup).
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Sonicmojo » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:08 pm

garfy wrote:
Sonicmojo wrote:I give up and may have to try support - not looking forward to that experience.

Definitely open a ticket with official support for one-to-one help. I don't know what OS you're using, but I have AT5.01 with both Fender Collections working as expected (after an initial hiccup).

Windows 10 Enterprise - standard install here. And I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of ALL my IK Software hoping it would solve the issue. But no joy.

Oddly - of course all presets for AT5 CS itself work perfectly.

But for me - at least every second or third preset in the Fender 1 collection is hooped and there continue to be some very strange anomalies in other presets as well.

One that really has me stumped is in the Fender 2 collection - it's the very first preset called 70's Solo. While this one loads up the gear correctly - the patch does not appear to do anything. The sound I hear is identical to the super dry input I am sending into AT5.

You would think that a preset called 70's Solo would have some semblance of sounding like a lead guitar sound. But to me - there is literally no difference in the preset or my dry guitar.

A number of these Fender presets seem to be like that - where the sound is so subtle that you cannot even tell what it's supposed to be doing. While others are clearly engaged and are obvious.

I sent support a truckload of screencaps on the missing gear - will update if I hear anything back.

Cheers

Sonic.
Sonicmojo

Postby Rolling_Estonian » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:51 pm

I have the exact same issue.

Was told in a thread I started that it was because I didn't filter my products correctly, not the case, all the info on the right side works fine, not the presets on the left.

I put in a support ticket on Wednesday, they said they would be looking at it.

You are not alone.... lol
Rolling_Estonian

Postby Sonicmojo » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:34 pm

Update

Heard back from Support - as expected (unfortunately) - the agent I got has no idea what I am talking about.

He is convinced (despite my very detailed ticket and screenshots) that I am somehow "missing" gear from my Fender 1 and 2 collections - which is totally off the mark.

He made 4 suggestions - all which I have already done.

Sent back a reply - will see where this goes....

Sonic.
Sonicmojo

Postby BrianCadoret » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:59 pm

Exactly the same issue happening with me.
Certain Fender 1 presets asks for either the Red Pig or 4X12 Recto Traditional Slant or the OR-120.
A workaround is to save/overwrite the preset which then opens OK without the prompt.
Last edited by BrianCadoret on Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BrianCadoret

Postby captship » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:01 pm

Have the same issue with the Fender2 collection - maybe 3 presets work - the most of the rest are looking for 4 x 12 PPC 412 cab with some also looking for a 65 Deluxe Reverb.

Makes no sense to have presets for a collection that need something you don't own - I did not see the 4 X 12 PPC 412 another red pig model in the list of included cabs for the fender2 collection.

Hey at least support responded to you, have had an open ticket since day 1 of 5.0 release with my updating them of the workarounds and other issues without a peep back from them.

The Stomp and 5.0 don't seem to like each other very much, at least on my machine.
captship

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:04 pm

I'm sure they have an idea what you were talking about. They will typically go through some first steps of support as those typically resolve most issues. Please continue to work with them and they will assist you to resolve your issue.

Let's keep the slamming of the hard-working IK Support staff here out of it, or per the forum rules I'll have to deal with the thread accordingly if it doesn't stop. I get it, you're frustrated. That shouldn't translate into insulting someone doing their job and trying to help you.

Also for all in this thread, as it seems to continue down the wrong path and may lead to a locked thread, please read the guidelines via viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 about what to do if you're posting about a ticket you feel hasn't been answered to your satisfaction and/or in a reasonable timeframe.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling