AmpliTube 5 - upgrade prices after 31 Dec?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5 - upgrade prices after 31 Dec?

Postby jstyork » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:13 pm

Mod edit: Split into its own thread for clarity and focus]

Does anyone know if the $149 upgrade price for owners of A4 is permanent, or is it limited time upgrade pricing? If limited, can you say when it expires?

Thanks
jstyork

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:26 am

jstyork wrote:Does anyone know if the $149 upgrade price for owners of A4 is permanent, or is it limited time upgrade pricing? If limited, can you say when it expires?

Thanks

The prices quoted are introductory prices and they are valid until the end of the year.

Regular prices are also quoted for AT5 SE, AT5 and AT5 MAX. But we do not know what the upgrade and crossgrade prices will be after 31 December.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jstyork » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:28 am

Yeah, I wish IK would make that clear
jstyork

Postby jstyork » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:58 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
jstyork wrote:Yeah, I wish IK would make that clear

The site has the full price crossed out and regular prices are mentioned in the AmpliTube 5 news since the announcement in late October.

The question was, will there be an reduced upgrade price for A4 owners after the 31st. Unless I've missed it, I don't see any mention of that in the link you provided. There is no info on upgrade pricing expiring or continuing after the 31st. That was my question...

After the 31st will A4 owners be able to upgrade at a reduced price? If yes, will it still be $149 or something else?

It's very hard to get a direct answer around here. I often have to go back and forth 2 or 3 times. Instead of a direct answer, often it's a half answer that avoids the crux of the matter, or it's a link (that often doesn't address the actual question) Why not just answer the question instead of providing a link to a page with a ton of unrelated information to sift through. Sorry man, but it's really frustrating. That combined with the general chaos of the IK site. Prices not clear, prices hidden under pages that you'll only see if you click on "buy" (that one did get fixed, but caused me to spend a stupid amount of time here and there trying to get answers).

I'm sorry I'm bitching. It is the holidays and it's been a crazy year with way bigger problems than these, but it gets very frustrating.

Happy holidays and a safe and happy new year
jstyork

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:39 pm

jstyork wrote:The question was, will there be an reduced upgrade price for A4 owners after the 31st. Unless I've missed it, I don't see any mention of that in the link you provided. There is no info on upgrade pricing expiring or continuing after the 31st. That was my question...

After the 31st will A4 owners be able to upgrade at a reduced price? If yes, will it still be $149 or something else?

You are correct; there has been no mention of specific upgrade prices that will apply from 01 January. Nor of crossgrade prices. I would not expect them to be better than the introductory upgrade/ crossgrade prices.

For a definitive answer from IK Multimedia, you must contact Sales Support.

jstyork wrote:It's very hard to get a direct answer around here. I often have to go back and forth 2 or 3 times. Instead of a direct answer, often it's a half answer that avoids the crux of the matter, or it's a link (that often doesn't address the actual question) Why not just answer the question instead of providing a link to a page with a ton of unrelated information to sift through. Sorry man, but it's really frustrating.

That is not true. Hundreds of users have received direct answers here. And, this is primarily a user to user forum. Peter or Ryan (the main IK staff here) will have given you all the information that they can.

jstyork wrote:That combined with the general chaos of the IK site. Prices not clear, prices hidden under pages that you'll only see if you click on "buy" (that one did get fixed, but caused me to spend a stupid amount of time here and there trying to get answers).

I do not find the web site chaotic, and, imo, the prices are clear. The general pages do state "Starting from" before the prices and when you go to the Crossgrades/upgrades section of your User Area or to the Online Shop you will see the prices that apply to your particular circumstances, if you are logged in to your User Account.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby jstyork » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:48 pm

^^^^

As to the upgrade prices, you say you wouldn't expect them to be any better than the intro prices. Yeah, neither would I, but I'd just like to know if they will be an upgrade path??? If I'm not mistaken there was not one for A3 to A4. I'm not positive, but I remember just waiting for a sale. Anyway, can't IK manage to just answer that instead of sending to a web page that doesn't even address it?
jstyork

Re: AmpliTube 5 - upgrade prices after 31 Dec?

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:56 pm

No, I do not think that there were Upgrade prices specifically from AT4 to AT4 Deluxe, or from either to AT4 MAX.

And the posted link was to a page where all the information available was presented.

As I said, Sales Support will give you a definitive answer. no that the holidays are over.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Re: AmpliTube 5 - upgrade prices after 31 Dec?

Postby jstyork » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:58 pm

[redacted - please review the rules, specifically about moderation/removed posts or threads. Also thread has run its course with rules ignored, etc and the matter is to be handled via support so it is now locked.]
jstyork

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling