Control Panel>Preset Control CHECKBOX

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Control Panel>Preset Control CHECKBOX

Postby ejsheldon » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:48 pm

In the MIDI Control Panel, all of the screens have a Checkbox labeled "Preset Control". This was also present in AT4 and, as with AT4, apparently does nothing, and is not mentioned in either manual. I just ignored it in AT4 but, since the Global Slot Bypass settings are gone in AT5, I thought that perhaps by leaving this unchecked, the settings on the Preset page become Global. NOT! That checkbox still appears to do nothing.

Does ANYBODY know what this undocumented checkbox is supposed to do?
ejsheldon

Re: Control Panel>Preset Control CHECKBOX

Postby rstubes » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:26 pm

I know this is an old post but I was wondering the exact same thing and couldn't find anything in the manual or online about what that checkbox does. I was recently watching an AmpliTube overview video and the host very briefly mentions that the check box is for the Axe I/O

https://www.youtube.com/live/3EKUfg2j5MQ?si=FAnmpDEnVaVBrucd&t=391

I looked at the Axe I/O (just Axe I/O, not the One or Solo) and noticed that it has a preset knob. :o So it looks like the Axe I/O can be used to scroll and select presets and that functionality can be disabled by unchecking the preset control box.
rstubes

Postby rstubes » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:36 am

Little more information. This box is covered in the AT5 manual in chapter 11: AXE I/O Integration. I didn't find it when searching because the manual text refers to presets control (with an "s") while the checkbox is labeled as preset control (no "s"). So it is in the current documentation, just a little hard to find unless you're skimming the manual front to back.
rstubes

Postby ejsheldon » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:32 am

No wonder I never found it. Since I don't have the AXE I/O I had no reason to read that chapter of the manual.
ejsheldon

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling