Mesa Mark IV problem (AT5)

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Mesa Mark IV problem (AT5)

Postby oskarw » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:40 pm

I'm testing the Mesa Boogie Mark IV on trial and have encountered some problems.

1) I get this static white noise, like when you haven't authorized Amplitube. I've checked in the Product Manager and it's still authorized as it should. Also the Mesa amp itself, disappears and comes back every few minutes in the amp collection overview in AT5.

2) The amp lacks gain. I thought the Mark IV was known for pretty high gain, you know the Metallica stuff and so on. On rhythm channel 1 and 2 I can only achieve some sort of clean tone with some breakup. The lead channel cranked (both volume and gain) is still like crunchy. No way it's supposed to be like this. Nothing like the videos I've watched on YT.

Thankful for any help!
oskarw

Re: Mesa Mark IV problem (AT5)

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:37 pm

Hello oskarw and welcome to the forum.
I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in [#] to confirm, comment or advise on the gear settngs.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling