strange / extreme amp reverbs

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

strange / extreme amp reverbs

Postby douweh » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:48 am

I'm new to AmpliTube, but so sar I really like the suite. But the spring reverbs on most amps are not realistic I think. To get some reverb, I have to put the value on 0.2 (on a 0-10 scale). Anything above 0.5 / 1.0 , the signal is drowning in reverb. I think it is quite difficult to subtile change the amount in order to get a bit of spring in the sound.

I would think that dailin in the reverb more would add the spring reverb sound more, but the further I open the dial the more wet the total signal gets. Does sound like you are moving away from the amp?

I do not own any expensive amp, so maybe it is just me? Or is this a AmpliTube 5 issue (did not use 4) ?
What do you guys think of the reverbs?
douweh

Re: strange / extreme amp reverbs

Postby 89bruin » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:24 am

Some are definitely over the top. The Orange Rockverb comes to mind. I’ve never played the physical amp but I find it hard to believe there would be so MUCH reverb with the knob barely cracked open.
89bruin

Re: strange / extreme amp reverbs

Postby HowlingUlf » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:36 pm

Yeah! This is completely ludicrous!

It's been like this for a few generations of Amplitube but now it's I would say it seems even worse than before in Amplitibe 5.

And to add insult to injury I also turned the reverb to ten and it's not that much louder than you expect if the effect was linear extrapolating some amount of reverb out of what you hear at around 0,1-0,5.

After adding some dynamic effect and tape my simple guitar noise was pretty compressed and that reverb at 0,2 that I thought I had tamed down properly now was many times louder.

I had the American Tube Clean 2 in the preset and I needed the spring reverb but I'm not sure how if it's even usable at all? If the range of the reverb knob is from 0-0,2 for usable levels it's essentially an on/off switch and not a potentiometer, right? I'd like to know WHY the decision has been made to have the reverb react like that?

The rest of Amplitube 5 is spectacular.
Are there any plans for some maintenance update like 5.0.1 planned or what the numbers us to be at IK?
Total Studio 3.5 MAX
Win10 64 i7 32GB | Cubase Pro 11 | +++
HowlingUlf

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling