Question about Amplitube 5 showing up in product manager

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Question about Amplitube 5 showing up in product manager

Postby craigo86 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:38 pm

Hi,

I purchased/registered Amplitube 4 MAX back in September. I just launched Product Manager and it says I have Amplitube 5 with 10 authorizations available. How do I have this in my product manager? Is this the Amplitube CS 5 version? (I thought Custom Shop was what Amplitube 5 CS is?). If it is Amplitube CS 5 does that mean it just has all my gear from A4Max with the new GUI?

Any info would be great, thanks.
craigo86

Re: Question about Amplitube 5 showing up in product manager

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:48 pm

Hello craigo86 and welcome to the forum.

Yes, it is the AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop ("AT5 CS") edition. Everyone gets it. All editions of AT5 are the same software, the Serial Number determines which edition and gear are activated.

And, yes, it will have all of your AT4 MAX gear in it.

The Custom Shop entry in the Product Manager ("IKPM") is just that - only the Custom Shop program itself.

You will need to install AT5, Authorize it, then (install and) run the new Custom Shop, login, click on your Account name and select "Restore my Purchases" (similar to the [Gear}, "Restore my Gear" in the old Custom Shop program).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby craigo86 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:54 pm

DarkStar wrote:Hello craigo86 and welcome to the forum.

Yes, it is the AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop ("AT5 CS") edition. Everyone gets it. All editions of AT5 are the same software, the Serial Number determines which edition and gear are activated.

And, yes, it will have all of your AT4 MAX gear in it.

The Custom Shop entry in the Product Manager ("IKPM") is just that - only the Custom Shop program itself.

You will need to install AT5, Authorize it, then (install and) run the new Custom Shop, login, click on your Account name and select "Restore my Purchases" (similar to the [Gear}, "Restore my Gear" in the old Custom Shop program).

Thank you very much for clarifying that! Much appreciated!
craigo86

Postby lcipher » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:23 am

craigo86 - thanks for asking this I have the same question....

So I have Amplitube 4 max installed and just installed 5 (CS I guess) like you did, then logged in and did the restore etc.

So is this Amplitube 5 CS in "demo" mode now? For how long? It looks like there are a lot of stuff that is 5 specific or is it "running" my Amplitube 4 max stuff? Really confused.... no good way in the INFO to really tell what is what.

But it's REALLY cool, sounds great. Working awesome with my AXE IO. How long is the upgrade pricing for?
lcipher

Postby craigo86 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:34 am

In reply to your question lcipher, my understanding is that Amplitube 5 CS is sort of the "container" program like all the other versions of Amplitube 5. What gear A5 CS contains is based on what's been unlocked in the custom shop on your account. So when you purchased MAX 4, that unlocked all that gear in the custom shop from 4. So for example the Overscream and SLO-100 gear in A4 is the same as it is in A5 (meaning it hasn't been upgraded between 4 and 5 and it's still in your custom shop account from purchasing 4) so that's been unlocked on A5 CS for you. The things we don't have available in A5 CS would be the new features such as the 600 IR's and the new pieces of gear etc. So we get all of our A4Max gear in the A5 CS program/container with things like the new GUI and the new routing diagram/system etc.

I believe if you just had normal A5 CS and bought an Overscream pedal on it's own from Custom Shop it would just unlock the pedal in A5 CS. However since we already bought that same pedal with A4Max, it's there in A5 CS along with all the other gear from 4. If you look in the custom shop it shows when you purchased the available gear (if you hover over the green tick it should say the date you purchased A4Max). I think if there has been an upgraded piece of gear though you would have to re-buy it.

I hope that helps, and if I'm wrong could someone clarify? Thanks!

Also I'm unsure how long the upgrade price lasts.
craigo86

Postby Trensharo » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:01 am

I got AmpliTube 5 SE added to my account, so I'm not sure how this all works.

Am wondering if I can de-authorize and uninstall AmpliTube 4 TS MAX, though. It's using a ton of disk space which isn't a problem on my desktop, but is on my Laptop (which has a smaller system SSD).

Does anyone know?
Trensharo

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:22 pm

@ lcipher
AT5 CS will run for ever, as far as I know. The software itself is not in "Demo" mode. You can, of course, Try out any gear models that you wish (for 72 hours).

AT5 CS is running all your AT4 gear models, but in a different form, as AT5 is new, improved software. But, in AT5 CS, you do not get all the new AT5 features or gear. The same preset in AT4 and AT5 may well sound slightly different.

@ craigo86
Good description.

The introductory prices last until the end of the Year.

@ Trensharo
Yes you can, but then none of your projects using AT4 will load correctly. AT5 does not replace AT4 on disk, or in your projects.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby lcipher » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:09 pm

>>So we get all of our A4Max gear in the A5 CS program/container with things like the new GUI and the new routing diagram/system etc.

wow that's great! nice "update" even for existing users. :D

I still don't get what A5 CS is running though for me. Right now I see a lot of Amplitube 5 Max presets that I can use, load etc. And for example - I can load "Saturator X" which from the pdf is only supposed to be in A5 (full or Max -not CS or even SE).

So am I in "demo" mode for A5 (Max?) How do I tell what I have and will go "poof" one day? Nothing tells me I'm "demoing" anything but it seems like I have access to a lot of the higher than CS levels.
lcipher

Postby lcipher » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:02 pm

ok so I am totally, utterly, confused....

I bought Amplitube Max as part of AXE IO bundle this summer. So I have Amp 4 Max plus some other bundled stuff (not sure what) they threw in at the time. Awesome deal. 8-)

Just a few days ago, downloaded and installed/authorized Amplitube CS (I think, more later). I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new Amplitube 5 GUI how it all just works great!! :D I was set to buy Amplitube 5 and take advantage of the deal till the end of the year (tic toc) (standard not SE or Max).

So I go to my custom shop and click on all the gear I have (358 ok great). And I look at the Amplitube 5 "Collections Amplitube 5 upgrade". So it shows I already *have* a ton of the stuff (green checked) Confused... is this from A4 max? Out of 154 I have green checks on about 120 of them. So the upgrade is for 34 more? confused....

I go to my installed A5 app CS I guess - there is no CS, SE , etc in the app info box so who knows? just 5.010 (200L18) and see some of the items "not checked" in my custom shop like for example Red Pig amp is available. They are not "locked" i drag and use them in a chain. Don't get it - how can I do this in CS? Confused.... utterly confused.... am I in some sort of "demo" mode in CS?

So I just don't get it. What do I have - what do I get with A5? Is my install ok? Is this going to lock a bunch of stuff in a few days? Very, very confused.... Is it just that the ones I have would sound better in A5? :? :? :?

Oh, and while I'm on a roll :shock: is "buying" the Amplitube 5 "bundle' in the custom shop the same as buying it in the IK store? seems strange in both places just checking....
lcipher

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling