5.0.1 is out

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: 5.0.1 is out

Postby stormwatch1977 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:56 pm

livesforrap wrote:If you are talking about standalone, on here it remembers that I'm input 3 (the RME I have is XLR on one and two)

Standalone and in Reaper, AT4 was the same - it sets to input 1 every time I start it up so I have to change it manually to input 2. I would switch the guitar into the first input but it's only got an XLR input!
stormwatch1977

Postby christopher.moyse » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:35 pm

Now that I have found the installer and done its work for it, new issues are showing up. Firstly, it takes a horrendous time to load - not just the first time, but every time. More than 5 minutes in Cantabile, which is meant to support live shows (!). Another issue is that the noise reduction of A4 has been removed (or I can't find it). Either way, it's v. noisy in high gain or many FX situations and there is no straightforward way of taming it.

I always want to love IK M but they always make it hard!!!
christopher.moyse

Postby livesforrap » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:43 pm

The noise gate was taken out in version 5 but there is now a stomp under dynamics (just sayin', I kinda don't like it)

As for the horrendous load times, I'm in doze 10 and it's pretty bad but nothing like you are experiencing. It's xmas so likely it will be a while but I'd report it.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby carlaz » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:15 pm

dlgebert wrote:The updated visuals in Amplitube 5 are amazing. :)

Much improved over AT4 and earlier. I've gone back and loaded AT4 to make the occasional comparison with AT5, and it's like staring back years into time. :shock: "How did I work in here, before!?" :lol: Yes, I realize that sound is more important than looks, but the improved GUI in AT5 just makes it a more pleasant environment in which to work and create, and that's not to be discounted.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby 4vientos » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:26 am

Hi, Merry Christmas, and happy new year! Getting the feel of the new version
isn't instant, because it's so much more than just an update 8-) . The gear guis are quite nice,
the one exception so far is the Fulltone Collection Tercs Tape Delay, most text is blurry
and unreadable, and there's a lot of it, perhaps the whole skin needs to be bigger to hold bigger text? It was fine in A4.

About 'restore my purchases', maybe the code only restores gear from
one product at a time, so if someone has four products from the decade past
to restore, you might have to run it four times? That seems to be how it worked
for me.

I really hope that someday soon, the bottom and side panels can be dismissed/recalled,
and that a user-defined and saved set-up will appear by default.

Thanks to all who are posting workarounds and tips!
Cheers
4vientos

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:56 pm

^^^
Please report the first two issues to Technical Support, for investigation, and movement up the priority list.

And add your 2 suggestions to the official AT5 Wish-list. They are more likely to be read there.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby KuritaT » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:32 pm

Anybody else having terrible performance issues?

I'm sitting on a Ryzen 5 2600, 16 gigs of RAM and Amplitube 5 is installed on my SSD.

The standalone is mini-freezing every few seconds.
KuritaT

Postby fabbrini » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:02 pm

I have an issue!

I use Cab IR in a few presets. But when I select the saved preset the IR doesn't load and the preset don't sound the way it's supposed to. Only when I click on the IR icon in the chain section that the IR load and the preset sounds good.

Happy new year.
fabbrini

Postby GCStudios » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:04 pm

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out or if is the place to point it out. Forgive me, I'm not used to forums, I've never really spent much time on them.

There's still an issue with the standalone AT5, it's now showing an audio signal coming in (Which the previous version didn't) and even though it now shows a signal going out, there is no audio coming out through my Roland Studio Capture.

I've checked and double checked that the routing is Audio/Midi is correct, but nothing is coming out. It works perfectly fine in plugin mode in Cubase 11 Pro, just not as standalone. It's not too big a problem for me as I tend to use it Cubase, but it could be an issue for others.

Thank you, kindly.
GCStudios

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:22 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Other tech issues I see in this thread should be reported to IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if they have you have not already reported them.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby tonegarage » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:45 pm

downloaded latest version, the no sound issue is back again, sigh..
tonegarage

Postby BOBS23 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:28 am

On a few songs i created last week... I couldnt reopen reaper with amp 5.01 after i added an fx....however...for now...i have been opening the song i made with FX turned off for opening..the option you get in reaper when you try to open a song...this allows me to open reaper and work on things just fine..in fact...it loads in a second! So i never tried this in the past...used to wait forever for the fx to open....anyhow...the fx will not open like it should..i am forced to open the song this way...and then once in u can turn the fx on...this seems to show a giant UI problem and then a crash...which makes me think the UI is still the problem with it as in the orignal 5.0 release...5.01 has a different UI problem...anyhow..i found if u load your project with fx off you can then just add a NEW amp5 if you want to use it..it will open just fine..just not the original fx you added...strange...if that makes sense...im still drinking from the new year sooo HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!!!!!!

BOB
BOBS23

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:54 pm

^^^
Please let Technical Support know about that problem and your findings.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby 4vientos » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:01 pm

If I buy an IK guitar interface that is advertised (suitewater, for example)
as including "Amplitube 4", what are my upgrade options?

I assume A5 is going to be in the ads for various hardware bundles pretty soon.
Gonna give my Stealthplug to a friend, and will need a replacement.
Cheers
4vientos

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:04 am

4vientos wrote:If I buy an IK guitar interface that is advertised (suitewater, for example)
as including "Amplitube 4", what are my upgrade options?

I assume A5 is going to be in the ads for various hardware bundles pretty soon.
Gonna give my Stealthplug to a friend, and will need a replacement.
Cheers

The current hardware that comes with AmpliTube 4 will also unlock AmpliTube 5 SE per the AmpliTube 5 news
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling