5.0.1 is out

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

5.0.1 is out

Postby dscheidt » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:09 pm

Just an FYI, 5.0.1 is out. From the release notes in the IK Product Manager:

Changes from version 5.0.0:

General
  • Fixed Several Audio Routing Problems related to the Standalone version
  • Fixed an audio routing problem with inputs above the first and second interface channels
  • Fixed several GUI problems on lower resolution monitors
  • Fixed blurry artefacts on Rack FX
  • Fixed an issue on Windows installer which was requesting a reboot after installation
  • Fixed an issue that was corrupting pedal settings during Drag n Drop
  • Fixed an issue which caused a possible crash when no IR files were loaded into the Custom IR section
  • Fixed several inverted parameters on Pedals and Rack FX
Models
  • Fixed Mono-Stereo Selector for Boston 100 Cabinet
  • Fixed an issue in the Dime Wah which was not saving the Pedal Value in Presets and Session
  • Fixed an issue that was corrupting the behavior of the EQ-81 Rack
  • Improved readability on EQ-81 rack values
  • Fixed an issue that was corrupting the behavior of the Fender Wah pedal
  • Fixed an issue that was corrupting the Rack Tape Cassette Behavior
  • Fixed an issue that was corrupting the Host Sync for: Step Filter, Step Slicer, Seek Wah and Seek Trem
  • Rack Reverbs parameters Fields now editable
  • Fixed Discrepancies in theVIR section when loading a Model Presets or Pasting a Model Setting
  • Fixed Discrepancies about Leslie parameters in Mixer Section and Cabinet's small Mixer
  • Copy/Paste Cabinet Settings now includes Mic Room settings
  • Corrected several Model type tags under the gear selector
Improvements
  • Improved Preset Browsing via UP / DOWN Arrows
  • Gear Visibility Mode is now stored as a global preference
dscheidt

Re: 5.0.1 is out

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:37 pm

Thank you for listing the changes.

To everyone,
Please install and test this version, before reporting any new issues.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Xoutremer » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:14 pm

Stand alone works fine. Reaper now a complete basketcase. Just closes when trying to load Vst3 and hangs with ordinary vst. Reporting back to support for more help.
Xoutremer

Postby blazerscope » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:51 pm

How do we get the update?
blazerscope

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:55 pm

In the IK Product Manager ("IKPM").
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby captship » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:55 pm

Installed 5.0.1 made sure Norton 360 firewall/protection turned off:

results:

No change at all to any of the issues I have reported to support (without reply from them)

Reaper version 6.19 will not load any AT5 VST's or DLL - with same error message about waiting for a separate authorization window to open - which there isn't one, and then I get to terminate the process - in other words exactly the same problem as version 5.0.

Standalone - no change still get the message when starting that Stomp I/O was just plugged in - manual says it should not be doing this and in AT4 it did not -only asked when the Stomp was reconnected.

After waiting over three minutes for the standalone to finally load then get to wait another 3-4 minutes to hear anything from the monitors.

Numerous Presets are duplicated

If switching using Stomp/mouse quickly between presets it will lag up to a minute or more before the software catches up.

using 39% of CPU and 55% of memory

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.71 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
Display setting 1920 X 1080

So all in all - really great sound, improved interface, and yet until these issues are resolved too frustrating to use.
captship

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:02 pm

IK Support has received many tickets (as happens with major releases) and will surely answer your ticket. In the mean time you can reply to the ticket confirmation email to note that 5.0.1 did not resolve your issues and they'll take it from there.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby captship » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:12 pm

Tried using an iRig HD2 for the input device to see if any differences in the standalone - still slow to start - but at least doesn't ask about the stomp anymore :mrgreen: .

Takes a few minutes for the presets to load - refreshing the preset browser is realllly slow

still have many duplicate presets in the list

still using as much of the computer resources as when the stomp was connected.

if switching between presets quickly the sound output really lags behind.

reaper - no go at all

oh well . . . . .
captship

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:14 pm

Same reply.
Peter_IK wrote:IK Support has received many tickets (as happens with major releases) and will surely answer your ticket. In the mean time you can reply to the ticket confirmation email to note that 5.0.1 did not resolve your issues and they'll take it from there.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Custom Shop installation is hanging

Postby hermybear2002 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:29 pm

Sorry to post here, but could find a thread that matched my issue. While waiting for the new update (which is out now) to fix the resolution issue with my MBP, I decided to try and download to my desktop, as it can handle up to 4k resolution. I had no problem downloading AT5, though I ran into a glitchy issue when I tried to bring the VST into REAPER, but it eventually went in as a VST3.

So next I try to install Custom Shop and it installs to about 30%, then it just hangs. I let it run last night and it was still hung up this morning. I don't know what else to do to fix it.
hermybear2002

Postby acousticglue » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:34 pm

I updated and Reaper again has 0 issues
acousticglue

Postby shmihe » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:40 pm

Xoutremer wrote:Stand alone works fine. Reaper now a complete basketcase. Just closes when trying to load Vst3 and hangs with ordinary vst. Reporting back to support for more help.

I just updated Reaper to 6.19, and scanned in the new 5.01.

No apparent issues here, loaded and played fine on Windows 10 Pro. Tried both VST 2 (64 bit) and VST 3 (64 bit)

Not sure if you are on Mac or PC though?
shmihe

Postby captship » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:51 pm

after rescanning Reaper - ver 6.19 - AT5 VST's loaded - took more than ten minutes each to load after ignoring the message about the authorization window being open??

Opened AT5 VST3 FX on a track - it opened (slow) - changed to the preset I wanted - so far ok

Then tried to remove from the FX list and that locked up Reaper and ended up terminating the program.

Re-Opened Reaper - AT5 was removed from the FX list

Having to crash the program to remove is not a good thing

probably a local issue to me alone, but it is really frustrating

have reported this to support about my 5.0.1 experience
captship

Postby Xoutremer » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:52 pm

Must try Reaper 6.19. Never noticed the revision.

IK support have been trying all day to get me sorted for which I thank them. Reaper still hangs with Vst3 trying to load but being positive, matter of time just and suppose it's only to be expected with a new major release.
Xoutremer

Postby stormwatch1977 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:24 pm

It's working for me now in Reaper - I just ignored the window saying it was waiting to be authorized or whatever and let it close itself. Worked okay after that and let me have a play around. :D
stormwatch1977

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling