Your favorite setup in amplitube

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Your favorite setup in amplitube

Postby rincewind88 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:18 am

What's your favorite set of effects and amplifiers in the Amplitube?

Mostly I play 80s rock and metal so I thought Marshall amp simulators would be best when paired with BOSS effects. It turned out that I was wrong.

For several days I have been playing on a set that I have never taken into account and I get 99% of the sound I always wanted from it:
- noise gate (free)
- Mudhoney
- / Delay
- '65 Twin Reverb + '65 Twin Reverb cab

So far I play songs such as:
- Eric Johnson - SRV
- Eric Clapton - Layla & Wonderful Tonight
- Iron Maiden - Clansman, Fear of the Dark, Brighter than a thousand suns, For the greater good of god, Wrathchild etc.

It all comes down to turning Mudhoney on / off or firing up the Boost channel in it.

I am seriously surprised by how versatile this set turned out to be for me.
rincewind88

Re: Your favorite setup in amplitube

Postby livesforrap » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:08 pm

I'm AT5 now and the pink taco with the new rox (gain pulled to about 1 o'clock, original gain on the pink taco) and going through the sunset verb (bus)

The rox is pretty much my new go to gain boost. The diodes make a difference, not sure which I prefer at this point.

Also a rox in front of the PRS with the gain set the same and the 9000 cab is really good but you have to feed the presence and treble and back off the lows.

Again for the strat is the pink taco on the middle gain switch. Chimy and stratty.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling