Tip: Converting AT4 Presets to AT5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Tip: Converting AT4 Presets to AT5

Postby jonesler » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:45 pm

Regarding using personal AT4 presets in AT5 I've come across this strange behavior. On some but not all of my presets I'll get a really long ping pong delay but there is no delay in the signal chain. Like said it only happens sometimes but every time it's the same ping pong delay. Paranormal perhaps? :shock:
jonesler

Postby alienpops » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:07 am

Jonesler, that ping pong delay could be a slow processor. Have you tried increasing the buffer size? That happened to me on an older computer in AT4. Some presets might have been more processor intensive so there was a delay between the two amps. Anyway, just a thought.
alienpops

Postby Ketvos » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:36 am

nandosouzafilho wrote:Ok... I couldn't find them because most of them actually don't show up the preset browser, for some unknown reason. From around 15, only 4 are visible in the AT5. Does anyone have an idea why?

Same thing is happening to me. Had a folder of 25 or so presets from AT4.
Opened 2 and tweaked for AT5. Now a few days later I'm only seeing one preset in that folder, one that I have not opened in AT5. The others are gone. I can see them in file explorer.

Uninstalled At5, deleted the IK\AT5 folder in my documents, reinstall and same thing.
Ketvos

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:19 pm

Ketvos wrote:
nandosouzafilho wrote:Ok... I couldn't find them because most of them actually don't show up the preset browser, for some unknown reason. From around 15, only 4 are visible in the AT5. Does anyone have an idea why?

Same thing is happening to me. Had a folder of 25 or so presets from AT4.
Opened 2 and tweaked for AT5. Now a few days later I'm only seeing one preset in that folder, one that I have not opened in AT5. The others are gone. I can see them in file explorer.

Uninstalled At5, deleted the IK\AT5 folder in my documents, reinstall and same thing.

If you are on Windows and using OneDrive for your Documents folder, this could cause issues. If that's not it our IK Support team would be happy to assist you via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not already opened a ticket for official and direct technical assistance.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Savage1969 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:22 am

So, what's the status on being able to import our AT4 presets into AT5? Hasn't support found a way yet? Seems that this would have been resolved way before AT5 was launched tbh.
Savage1969

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:59 pm

Savage1969 wrote:So, what's the status on being able to import our AT4 presets into AT5? Hasn't support found a way yet? Seems that this would have been resolved way before AT5 was launched tbh.

There has been a way to use your AmpliTube 4 presets in AmpliTube 5 from the start and it is documented in the User Manual from day one. AmpliTube 5 is a different engine, so (also noted in the manual section about the presets and an FAQ entry to boot) your AmpliTube 4 presets are possibly going to sound different. There's no "magic algorithm" that is going to change that.

Since we all should know how to convert (copy) presets from AmpliTube 4 to AmpliTube 5 and the misunderstanding that you need to change the file name (definitely not required) has been dispelled, this thread has run its course. As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling