Amplitube 5 Standalone output issue

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 Standalone output issue

Postby mbcruz82 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:50 pm

First 2 days Amplitube 5 Stand alone was working perfectly, suddenly not sound output, any other sound from other programs without issues. I am using an XTone Pro as audio interface, just Amplitube 5 not able to give an output, however i can see the signal bars (Input and Output moving). It looks like an output comunication issue
Not able to perform anymore live
mbcruz82

Re: Amplitube 5 Standalone output issue

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:31 pm

It's odd that it has stopped after a couple of days. I am sure that you've double-checked the audio settings.

To make sure that everything-else is working OK, can you try AT5 plug-in in a DAW?

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:43 pm

I would recommend installing version 5.0.1 which was released this morning. It resolves quite a few issues some people were having.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bpmasters » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:39 pm

Still having a similar issue in standalone. Using asio I see both input and output signals but am hearing no sound. Using the same inputs and outputs with windows audio I hear sound as expected. Updated to version 5.0.1 already, no help. Using a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd gen. Sending a ticket as well just chiming in with this update.
bpmasters

Postby Emanthemirror » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:53 pm

I had a similar issue this afternoon. I was using a Line 6 interface (which worked fine with other stuff, including the standalone of AT4) and it was silent although the output meter was showing signal. Deselecting/reselecting the asio from the panel and fiddling with the output channels restored the audio.

Anyway, I thought it was a weird temporary bug and I thought it was mainly down to the old Toneport interfaces and their drivers, but if it happened to someone else using different hardware it might be an AT5 bug persisting in 5.0.1 (that's the version I was using) and worth looking into.

It seems to me that AT5 is still at an early stage with some quirky stuff happening re. auth and the likes, I am able to switch between all the 12" speakers in AT4, yet all but three speakers are locked in AT5, probably because they decided to lock them unless you buy every single cab containing them. Plus it looks a bit like you're launching a game when it loads, also within daws, although a bit faster.
I'm still keeping AT4 installed at the time being.

There is some great stuff put into AT5 though.
Emanthemirror

Postby mbcruz82 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:36 pm

Finally this resolved the issue for me
- Uninstalling Amplitube 5
- Going to registry (regedit) to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/IK MULTIMEDIA and deleting Amplitube 4 and 5 folders
- Going to C > Users > Name > Appdata > Roaming > IK Multimedia and deleting Amplitube 4 and 5 folders (I noticed that there were settings files there)
- Going to Documents/ IK Multimedia and delete Amplitube 4 and 5 folders (another settings files inside)
- Installing only Amplitube 5.0.1(no Amplitube 4) dont know if reinstalling Amplitube 4 after will cause any conflict, I did not try it
mbcruz82

Postby spachuta » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:10 am

Experienced this issue today for the first time. My DAW is an Arturia AudioFuse Studio. Rebooted the computer, changed buffer size, etc. After a couple of hours, it started giving sound again. The only thing weird is that it seems to be forcing the AudioFuse to 96 kHz operation, even though I set it to 44.1 kHz before opening Amplitube 5 Standalone. I haven't tried any of the suggestions in this thread yet but wanted to get this additional instance of the problem on record.
spachuta

Postby spachuta » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:08 pm

Next-day followup. In yesterday's post I should have said "My interface is an Arturia... ", not my DAW. Also should have mentioned I'm running in Win 10. Anyway, I updated to AT5.0.1 and still had the same problem: input and output signal appearing fine in AmpliTube, but no sound coming out the Arturia. But I was able to get it to work by opening the AmpliTube AUDIO/MIDI window settings and changing the technology from ASIO to Windows Audio, then back again to ASIO. I can change the sample rate to anything I want, and it still works. Time will tell if this is a permanent solution.
spachuta

Postby Abikis » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:14 pm

The solution is a change to the settings file.

[mod redacted - please review the rules about moderation as well as the one you were unhappy about]
Abikis

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:14 pm

That is correct.

Please review the rules here https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/rules.php regarding the posting of any direct correspondence from Official Support. Posting details and information connected directly related to your own setup may lead to other users to compromise their own systems/installations inadvertently.

Dealing with Technical Support for a one-to-one solution is the best approach.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby rwozniacki » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:06 pm

Hello guys,

I am using Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD audio interface.
I had similar problem. I could not get input and output signal in Amplitube 4.
The solution was to go into Audio Interface control panel, navigate to VOLUME
and then increasing the volume level on both INPUT and OUTPUT channels.

I hope this solution will help some of you.

Cheers,
Rafal
rwozniacki

Postby jobrien13 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:39 am

I installed 5.01. Same issue before and after the install, no sound. I have a quad capture. Long story short, Under audio/midi I switched the midi from any to quad capture and like magic, sound output. Weird I would have to do that though. Hope that helps some people’s issue.
jobrien13

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:38 pm

I am glad that you got it working.

Please let Support know, so that they can add to their database, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form.

Several users have posted on the forum about problems with the Audio set-up in AT5 so the more info that Support gets the better.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Ljglmail121 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:16 pm

It's odd that it has stopped after a couple of days. I am sure that you've double-checked the audio settings.

Try this to check if the problem is on your end:

1. Log out from SoundCloud and log back in.

2. Click on your profile picture at the top left corner of the page, then click Settings > General Settings on the drop-down menu.

3. Make sure that the "Enable Audio for Mobile" checkbox is ticked. Then try to play a track again to see if it works."
Ljglmail121

Postby Ljglmail121 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:26 pm

Amplitube 5 For Mac: I have upgraded to Yosemite and now my standalone does not produce any sound. I can play Amplitube itself in the software but there is no output from the speakers even though the volume knob on the control panel has been turned up.

Description of the issue:

This is a real bummer. When I go to Audio Midi Setup and select the software, there is no sound coming out. I've tried all kinds of driver updates, restarting, etc. The rest of my computer seems fine it's just Amplitube 5 Standalone that won't produce any sound.

Steps to reproduce:

Update 1: This seems to be an issue with many versions of Amplitube after this latest update (5.0.2). It didn't use to happen before the update, so it may be something they've done with their software after the update. [Mod edit: Suspicious links, in a small font, have been removed.]
Ljglmail121

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling