Loading External IR in AT5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Loading External IR in AT5

Postby n2mpujack » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:43 pm

garfy wrote:Hi Jack

It should've been installed at the same time (and be in the same place) as the main AT5 User Manual.

Alternatively, you can find it under My Products>AT5>Download Resources in your User Area.

Thanks for the reply. It would have been helpful if you had included the path to the manual/documentation in your reply - I had to go searching the net for the path. But at least you put me on to something. I don't know why IK hides their documentation, especially on Macs, in a place most people would never look. Or even see as the Mac HD/Library folder has been hidden from view by default for a number of years and OSX versions. It would be helpful if not only this manual but the main AT5 manual was linked to from Amplitube 5 itself.

To help others here's the documentation path on a Mac: Mac HD/Library/Documentation/IK Multimedia/ product name
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby n2mpujack » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:48 pm

Possibly my most frustrating thing with the ir loader is it doesn't remember where you last looked for an ir. It continually takes one back to one's desktop (on a Mac). Near as I can figure out there's no place to set a default search path. Combine this with a lack of any kind of ir sort like alphabetical and it's nice but not so easy to work with.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby carlaz » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:45 pm

jake.p.rubin@gmail.com wrote:After importing my 3rd part IRs into amplitube 5, I noticed they are in one giant list, without preservation of the file/folder hierarchy that keeps my IRs organized on my hard drive. Furthermore, the IRs are not listed in alphabetical order, rather they are randomly jumbled around. This makes it very hard to sort through a large library of 3rd party IRs to find what I'm looking for. Is there a way to fix this, or is this functionality coming in a future update? Thank you!

I am not a heavy user of 3rd-party IRs, but I keep around a few sets that I like for special purposes, and I agree that the UI for the Custom IR loader is ... fairly basic :lol: and could definitely benefit from improvements to help users organize even a small collection of custom IRs.

I believe I remember reading somewhere, possibly on this forum, that some improvements were intended -- but I do not know if I just imagined that!
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby n2mpujack » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:55 pm

carlaz wrote:
jake.p.rubin@gmail.com wrote:After importing my 3rd part IRs into amplitube 5, I noticed they are in one giant list, without preservation of the file/folder hierarchy that keeps my IRs organized on my hard drive. Furthermore, the IRs are not listed in alphabetical order, rather they are randomly jumbled around. This makes it very hard to sort through a large library of 3rd party IRs to find what I'm looking for. Is there a way to fix this, or is this functionality coming in a future update? Thank you!

I am not a heavy user of 3rd-party IRs, but I keep around a few sets that I like for special purposes, and I agree that the UI for the Custom IR loader is ... fairly basic :lol: and could definitely benefit from improvements to help users organize even a small collection of custom IRs.

I believe I remember reading somewhere, possibly on this forum, that some improvements were intended -- but I do not know if I just imagined that!

A LOT of improvements are supposedly coming in AT6 whenever that drops. Things like collapsing the gear pane at the right side of the gui. Hopefully they'll improve the ir loader. Gone third party for that. Wouldn't mind seeing the annoying note that shows up whenever you first start AT5 about going online to demo/buy add-ons going away.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby carlaz » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:12 pm

n2mpujack wrote:A LOT of improvements are supposedly coming in AT6 whenever that drops. Things like collapsing the gear pane at the right side of the GUI. Hopefully they'll improve the ir loader.

Hopefully, but with AT5 barely over a year old, I would imagine AT6 is still multiple years off. I would be OK if some of these UI improvements came in 5.4 or 5.5. :D

n2mpujack wrote:Wouldn't mind seeing the annoying note that shows up whenever you first start AT5 about going online to demo/buy add-ons going away.

It would be nice to be able to configure settings that would let you banish the start-up and shut-down pop-up dialogs!
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby n2mpujack » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:24 pm

carlaz wrote:
n2mpujack wrote:A LOT of improvements are supposedly coming in AT6 whenever that drops. Things like collapsing the gear pane at the right side of the GUI. Hopefully they'll improve the ir loader.

Hopefully, but with AT5 barely over a year old, I would imagine AT6 is still multiple years off. I would be OK if some of these UI improvements came in 5.4 or 5.5. :D

n2mpujack wrote:Wouldn't mind seeing the annoying note that shows up whenever you first start AT5 about going online to demo/buy add-ons going away.

It would be nice to be able to configure settings that would let you banish the start-up and shut-down pop-up dialogs!

Considering we're at 5.3 seeing it sooner would be great but I seem to recall Peter IK (I think it was) saying the collapsing gear panel was coming in AT6. AT5 is an incredibly slowwwww loading beast.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby carlaz » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:07 pm

n2mpujack wrote:Considering we're at 5.3 seeing it sooner would be great but I seem to recall Peter IK (I think it was) saying the collapsing gear panel was coming in AT6. AT5 is an incredibly slowwwww loading beast.

I feel like AmpliTube has tended go around 4 years between whole-number versions, but I suppose anything is possible. Most of the improvements I would like to see to the platform as a whole (I think of AmpliTube as a "platform" :geek: ) right now are UI/usability things (e.g., a more friendly IR-loader) that I feel as though could be tucked into point-upgrades. :D
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby DarkStar » Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:43 pm

Especially as AT6 would have to be a major feature upgrade and would need paying for. ;)

imo, bundling in the latest Collections would not be sufficient.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling