Official AmpliTube 5 GEAR (and presets) Wishlist

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube 5 GEAR (and presets) Wishlist

Postby carlaz » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:55 pm

ambrs57 wrote:And finally, something to help us approximate the Lord of Tone himself, the great Leslie West. A model of his Sun PA head from 1969-to mid 70s.

Oh, yes! And why not Felix Pappalardi's Sunn amps as well, for the bass players? 8-) Though I think he used a variety of Sunn amps .... 2000S and Spectrum II are both models I've heard named in reference to Pappalardi. I've likewise heard he used Sunn cabs with JBL- D140F speakers.

AmpliTube has the JH 1200, based on the Sunn 1200S, and that is a much under-appreciated amp model, I think -- but, even so, it's not quite like West's somewhat unusual PA heads, nor Felix's various amps.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby acousticglue » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:06 pm

Have available sliders for high and low shelves EQ for cabIRs
acousticglue

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:10 pm

ambrs57 wrote:Steve Hackett presets and gear, from early Genesis to recent solo material. There's a preset I found that appears to be based on his tone from Supper's Ready, but there is so much more to be done.

Pat Metheny, anyone?

Presets based on classic 70s Yes/Steve Howe recordings. Syntronik has a great synth preset based on Rick Wakeman's Tales of Topographic Oceans Mini Moog sound. How about throwing a bone to us guitarists?

Do I dare mention Allan Holdsworth? Yeah, I know that most of his tone was in his hands, but some gear and presets might help get us closer.

And finally, something to help us approximate the Lord of Tone himself, the great Leslie West. A model of his Sun PA head from 1969-to mid 70s.

I also second the Eric Clapton suggestion and raise that with a George Harrison gear and preset list as well.

Will have to see if Dave Kerzner has some pull with Steve since they've played together. That would be some great tone.

I would love Leslie West's tone too, I remember seeing him give a demonstration at Robbie's Music in NJ where he played so loud that the paint started flaking off and falling from the ceiling. We loved it!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ambrs57 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:23 am

Will have to see if Dave Kerzner has some pull with Steve since they've played together. That would be some great tone.

I've seen Hackett live with Genesis and with GTR (Hackett and Howe on the same stage was something to behold) and I've hours of live DVDs. His live tone is truly great. Yes, please see if you can get him on board.

I would love Leslie West's tone too, I remember seeing him give a demonstration at Robbie's Music in NJ where he played so loud that the paint started flaking off and falling from the ceiling. We loved it!

Holy moly. That's how it's supposed to be done! I know that his tone in Mountain had a lot to do with his LP Jr with P90s, as well as his Sunn PA head, but that amp deserves to be modeled. I wonder how hard it would be to actually find one. But, his tone on his later blues solo albums is just as rich and fat. A model of his Buddha amps that he has used more recently would be nice.
ambrs57

Postby hakonostrem » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:35 am

Heads:
- Bogner Uberschall
- Diezel Herbert
- PRS MT15
- MESA Boogie Dual Rectifier (2 channel revision)
- Cornford RK100
- Victory VX The Kraken 50w
- REVV G20

Cabs:
- More MESA cabs

Pedals:
- G-LAB Delay SD-1
- Klon Centaur
- TS-909 HW (handwired)
- REVV G2 / G3 / G4
- MXR Carbon Copy Delay
hakonostrem

Postby guitarkite » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:01 pm

A tempo sync feature from a separate audio input. Useful for live applications to sync time-based effects to drummer.
guitarkite

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:16 pm

ambrs57 wrote:

I've seen Hackett live with Genesis and with GTR (Hackett and Howe on the same stage was something to behold) and I've hours of live DVDs. His live tone is truly great. Yes, please see if you can get him on board.

Holy moly. That's how it's supposed to be done! I know that his tone in Mountain had a lot to do with his LP Jr with P90s, as well as his Sunn PA head, but that amp deserves to be modeled. I wonder how hard it would be to actually find one. But, his tone on his later blues solo albums is just as rich and fat. A model of his Buddha amps that he has used more recently would be nice.

Sorry to digress further, but I promise to stop soon (and there's technically a gear request later in this reply)... That GTR album was in heavy rotation for me back in the day but I never got to catch them together live.

With regard to Leslie West, I suppose I could lend the team my 1959 Les Paul Junior though it is a double cut and probably not quite as great as Leslie's in general. Or any differences would be mostly due to operator differences. We did do a Red Special guitar model so I suppose this is actually/technically possible.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Ynvi_666 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:28 pm

I would love to see this gear:
- Mesa TriAxis preamp
- Mesa Boogie Mk2 C++
- Dumble Overdrive special
- Echoplex, Copicat or something like that
- ADA MP1
- Randall NB King 100

For a signature collection:
- Jason Becker
- Nuno Bettencourt
- Yngwie Malmsteen
- Metallica
Ynvi_666

Postby Soulpowergtr » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:28 pm

Brit 8000 is pretty darn close to me to a JCM800 2203, that is what i use - big Tom Morello fan and he has the JCM800 2205 Head. Not sure if the difference of the 2203 versus 2205 but maybe a little more gain.
Soulpowergtr

Postby ambrs57 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:13 am

Peter, Please forgive me of this is out of place, but re our conversation about Leslie West, this horrible news came out today.

Leslie West, of ‘Mississippi Queen’ band Mountain, dead at 75 https://nypost.com/2020/12/23/leslie-west-of-mississippi-queen-band-mountain-dead-at-75/?utm_campaign=ipad_nyp&utm_source=mail_app

What a terrible loss. He was a legend. No doubt.

In my gear request I should have been more specific. Leslie used Sunn Coliseum PA heads. I found this quote online, allegedly from a collector of Sunn amps, " LW was using the SUNN amps powered with KT88's. The Coliseum PA was a tube head with the power section of a 1000S and the preamp section of the Studio PA head. If you want the LW sound then running thru either three Studio PA heads or three Coliseum PA heads simply dimed thru a combination of 2X15 and 4X12 cabs. In other words the only way to achieve this sound is by playing at extreme volumes and pushing the amps and speakers to their limits."

More recently he used Budda amplifers (Custom built Superdrive Series II amps. workdog 30, slaving into a 45 and 80.)

A Leslie West package would be a worthy addition to the superb AT5. Or at least models of these unique configurations of gear.

It's a sad day.
ambrs57

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:43 pm

Very sad, I already went off-topic, and either way I'll allow it (as they say on Community) because it is a sad day and we should acknowledge the passing of a legend. I'm fortunate to have met him a couple of times and have seen him perform and hopefully he will no longer be as underrated a guitarist as I feel he was when he was among us.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby carlaz » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:20 pm

Very sad to hear about Leslie West's passing. I wasn't even born when Mountain kicked off (though I was born on Long Island!) but I was lucky enough to catch a "latter-day" version of the band once in London (probably about 20 years ago!).
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby 4vientos » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:29 am

A setup buttom called 'Turn-Off' would be cool. With one click,
your personally saved default setup would load, the bottom chain gui
and right-side gear panel gui would vanish, and gear and presets
that are not owned would disappear from menus.
Happy users are users with choices!

Also, the Fulltone Tape Delay gui needs readable text!
Cheers
4vientos

Postby gorerichardday » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:39 am

carlaz wrote:
ambrs57 wrote:And finally, something to help us approximate the Lord of Tone himself, the great Leslie West. A model of his Sun PA head from 1969-to mid 70s.

YESSS!
YESSSS!!
YESSSSS!!!
I logged on tonight specifically to ask for a LESLIE WEST package. I mean, so much of what we're chasing distortion-wise started with his LP Jr-with-P90 into a bunch of Sunn Colliseum PA heads. One of the original guitar heroes, now officially a god R.I.P.

Leslie. West. Please.
gorerichardday

Postby carlaz » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:11 pm

I think some of the new AT5 gear does not yet appear in presets (or, at best, some of the new gear does not appear in very many presets). Like, I can't find (stock) presets that use the Silverplate 50 or the German 34. (Potentially, that's an issue with the usability of the preset "search" feature ... but, in any case, I'm not finding such presets!)

I don't really use/playthrough either stock or artist presets a lot, but I do like to see what others have done for inspiration or starting points for my own presets. So I would be very happy if there were more presets using the new gear that were simply cooked up by IKM people. (If there were presets cooked up by famous "names", that would be OK too :lol: but I am sure there are plenty of people at IKM who know their stuff!)
--
carlaz
1K Club

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling