Official AmpliTube 5 GEAR (and presets) Wishlist

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube 5 GEAR (and presets) Wishlist

Postby fiveblairs » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:20 pm

zedd wrote:
iankinzel wrote:Yeah, I'd really like to see a 1960ish AC30 version with the EF86 preamp, and a more modern version with master volume.

Agreed! But in addition to the most well-known VOX amps there are the RARE ones that are prized for their very distinctive tones... like The Vox Conquerer heard on Magical Mystery Tour, and the VOX UL730 which is the unique distortion sound you hear on tracks in Revolver, and which Hendrix also used.

IKM could clearly create a very nifty collection of coveted VOX amps, and since the tones are so unique and awesome, they should not be left out for too much longer. I trust that IKM knows this and that eventually such a collection will occur, even if it has to be called the BRITISH DIAMOND AMPS Collection or something.

If IK can'tlay their hands on a UL730 I bet they could work a deal with Aclam Electronics tomodeltheir Dr. Robert pedal. I have suggested this earlier in this thread.
fiveblairs

Postby dabrams2021 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:13 pm

I would like to see a footboard controller that links the 4 X-Gear pedals so that entire foot pedalboards can be created digitally. Additionally, that footboard controller should have USB inputs in order that all four X-Gear pedals can be accessed at the same session via computer.

The layout of footboard controller is relatively simply to consider:

3 rows of 6 push buttons with color LED
Tuner
8 USB C inputs
LED panel for indicating which pedal board is in use.
Access to an IK Multimedia program such as X-Gear librarian put the program set up to assign entire pedalboards to a push button on the footboard controller
MIDI enabled
IK Stomp I/O compatible.
dabrams2021

Postby KyceEssadki8 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:42 am

please add the boss CE-2
call it chorus 2
call it ensemble 2
KyceEssadki8

Postby chucky88 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:13 pm

Fender 3 pack...
I know most likely this won't happen, but please redo some of the older amps (DSM-based and older) with your current-gen modeling. Not that it sounds bad, but Fender 1 still could use some DIM sauce to make it on par with 2. but one can only dream..)
chucky88

Postby matt_butler2001 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:54 am

There are so many great amps in AmpliTube - great classic tones...but you need a few of those off the wall or even common amps that are more commonly used amps because of price - practice or bedroom amps.

I would love to see an Egnater amp (Tweaker 40), I see lots of cool overdrives but don't see the Boss Blues driver, and while maybe it's not everyone's cup of tea - it is something different having solid state amp - a Crate to get a CC DeVille tone GX120XL maybe?
matt_butler2001

Postby zedd » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:46 am

chucky88 wrote:Fender 3 pack...
I know most likely this won't happen, but please redo some of the older amps (DSM-based and older) with your current-gen modeling. Not that it sounds bad, but Fender 1 still could use some DIM sauce to make it on par with 2. but one can only dream..)

I would rather have a remastered Fender Collection 1 than create a new pack... but I was under the impression that they had remastered most of the older gear with improvements for Amplitube 5? Maybe not the collections.

I haven't yet done any careful comparisons between the Fender 1 and Fender 2 amps, but now you've got me wondering...
Non-MODO Drum compliant MacPro, 32GB RAM, OSX El Capitan (soon to be Sierra), Digital Performer 8, SampleTank 2XL (using 32Lives), SampleTank 3 & 4, Amplitube 5, T-Racks 5 Deluxe, and more...
zedd

Postby n2mpujack » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:02 pm

zedd wrote:

I would rather have a remastered Fender Collection 1 than create a new pack... but I was under the impression that they had remastered most of the older gear with improvements for Amplitube 5? Maybe not the collections.

I haven't yet done any careful comparisons between the Fender 1 and Fender 2 amps, but now you've got me wondering...

Supposedly they re-shot all the cabs for both old and newer stuff.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby chucky88 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:03 pm

zedd wrote:

They said that the older amps were tweaked, but to my understanding it's more-or less EQ-style changes than upgrade to new modeling. They would have definitely explicitly mentioned if it was DSM->DIM transition. I would agree with priorities: Fender 1 Remastered (maybe add one or two new amps) and then Fender 3
chucky88

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:47 pm

chucky88 wrote:
zedd wrote:

They said that the older amps were tweaked, but to my understanding it's more-or less EQ-style changes than upgrade to new modeling. They would have definitely explicitly mentioned if it was DSM->DIM transition. I would agree with priorities: Fender 1 Remastered (maybe add one or two new amps) and then Fender 3

There's more than EQ changes. The impedance/interaction changes were made across all amps and the aforementioned (and not alleged, but actual) redoing of the cabinets (600+ IRs per speaker) as mentioned on the AmpliTube 5 site make a significant impact on the sound.

Let's please keep this gear/presets wishlist on topic, thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby zedd » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:20 am

Peter_IK wrote:Let's please keep this gear/presets wishlist on topic, thank you.

How about some more pickup modeling pedals like the one you did for the Brian May guitar?

It would be cool to be able to put Danelectro, Gretsch, Rickenbacker, Strat, Tele, Humbucker, P-90, and other pickups in the chain to zero in on the right guitar sound regardless of what electric guitar being used to play the presets.

The Variax does this with a computer built-in to the guitar, but you could do it with models right within Amplitube... and you proved it with the Brian May guitar pickups emulation.
Non-MODO Drum compliant MacPro, 32GB RAM, OSX El Capitan (soon to be Sierra), Digital Performer 8, SampleTank 2XL (using 32Lives), SampleTank 3 & 4, Amplitube 5, T-Racks 5 Deluxe, and more...
zedd

Postby chucky88 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:48 am

Signature Collections or Presets: Clapton, Gilmour, Gary Moore, Bonamassa
chucky88

Postby JxCALLExJ » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:46 am

I would love some updated vox stuff. I am a big Vox fan and i'd like a collection of oficially licensed 6 input blue panel stuff from the 60s, 70s and 80s and some more unknown vox gear. Would be great to get some newer updated vox models since the british copper tb dosen't respond that nicely when it's cranked, no matter where you plase the mic, it's always very spikey sounding even on the normal channel. And as a Brian May fan, he didn't start using his ultra modded no preamp amps until the two thousands, I think, and i don't really like that tone, I'm more of an 80's fan of his sound.

And also, why isn't the chorus 1 a stereo pedal? It would be awesome if you could make an option to make it wet-dry or mono, like the original ce-1.

A ce-2 would be really nice too.

I think a gilmour collection needs to happen sometime soon. he used so much special gear that would be epic to have. An updated Hiwatt, fane crescendo speakers (super unique sound) the Binson Echorec, a ramshead big muff, yamaha ra200 rotating speakers, cornish overdrives and much more. A LOT of people would buy that, including myself, and since you now have many new customers due to the group buy, I think it would be a great investment to develop.
JxCALLExJ

Postby carlaz » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:26 pm

JxCALLExJ wrote:I would love some updated vox stuff.

While I use the Brian May Vox-based amps for various things (I like them for clean-is tones, to accompany more driven Brit-style amps of other makes), I would agree that some updated Vox models would be a useful addition. It might perhaps be practical to introduce them through a '60s-oriented "British Invasion" (i.e., "Beatle-esque) collection (since IKM seems to like putting AmpliTube stuff out in collections). That might be popular.

JxCALLExJ wrote:And also, why isn't the chorus 1 a stereo pedal? It would be awesome if you could make an option to make it wet-dry or mono, like the original ce-1. A ce-2 would be really nice too.

Hear! Hear! Though I think the CE-2 lacked the stereo output, so I think a model based on a CE-1 with the stereo output restored and/or a CE-3 or even a CE-5 would also be very welcome. I mean, a classic approach is running output from a stereo chorus pedal to different amps/cabs on either side of the stage, so .....

Of course, Gilmour was a CE-2 user (at times), which leads us to ....
CE-2

JxCALLExJ wrote:I think a gilmour collection needs to happen sometime soon. he used so much special gear that would be epic to have. An updated Hiwatt, fane crescendo speakers (super unique sound) the Binson Echorec, a ramshead big muff, yamaha ra200 rotating speakers, cornish overdrives and much more. A LOT of people would buy that, including myself, and since you now have many new customers due to the group buy, I think it would be a great investment to develop.

While I am not myself a raging Gilmour fan, I don't think there is any doubt that a Gilmour-esque collection would be very popular. (And I'm not a raging Hendrix, Brian May, Dimebag, or Satriani fan either, but there are loads of awesome toys in those collections that I use all the time!) For instance, I think HiWatts and Fanes are often under-appreciated outside of Gilmour fandom, but they are doorways to interesting variants on classic "Brit" overdrive tones. (Smash the HiAmp with the Treble Booster, and there are great classic rock tones to be had.) The existing Big Pig (based on an indeterminate Big Muff) is, IMO, well overdue for an update; it's also something that would benefit from the ability to switch between models of different circuits to emulate different versions of the Muff (of which there are many). And I really think that an Italian company just ought to have a Binson Echorec model anyway. :mrgreen:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby elammark13 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:25 am

Looks like it's been a few months since someone mentioned Friedman...so it's time to raise the flag again. :) A Friedman BE model would be fantastic!

Also a Klon or Klon clone. Actually, since you already have Wampler stuff, how about the Wampler Tumnus? The best sounding Klon clone out there (just my opinion).

Thanks!
elammark13

Postby carlaz » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:47 pm

elammark13 wrote:Looks like it's been a few months since someone mentioned Friedman...so it's time to raise the flag again. :) A Friedman BE model would be fantastic!

I will salute that flag! :D The MiniPlex 20 (i.e., Pink Taco) is awesome. I would instantly spring for any other new "based on Friedman" amp model. :mrgreen:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling