Official AmpliTube 5 GEAR (and presets) Wishlist

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube 5 GEAR (and presets) Wishlist

Postby n2mpujack » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:07 pm

carlaz wrote:
n2mpujack wrote:The Brit 9000 has a Hi/Lo Power Level rocker right next to the Power switch on the lower left of the amp gui. I kno0w some guitarists would pull the outer two tubes to get down to 50 watt output.

Ah, but I believe that the JCM 900 actually had an "Output Mode Switch" on the back panel that switched between "HIGH" (full power) and "LOW" (half power). I think the "Hi/Lo" switch on the Brit 9000 model's main (and only) panel is intended to model this switch on the physical JCM 900 back panel. But possibly not all production versions of the JCM 900 had this "Output Mode Switch" on the back panel? I don't know!

The Marshall book I have doesn't mention a output mode switch on the back panel and the pictures I can find online don't show one. They DO show a hi/lo level control for the loop. This is for the heads. The combos DO have a lo/hi mode switch for the power output along with an 8/16 ohm impedance switch. So it depends on which exact 900 model is being modeled here.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby carlaz » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:50 pm

n2mpujack wrote:The Marshall book I have doesn't mention a output mode switch on the back panel and the pictures I can find online don't show one. They DO show a hi/lo level control for the loop. This is for the heads. The combos DO have a lo/hi mode switch for the power output along with an 8/16 ohm impedance switch. So it depends on which exact 900 model is being modeled here.

OK, I do not own and have not owned a JCM 900, but the PDF manual I have that claims to be for the JCM 900 "SL-X 2100 & SL-X 2500 Master Volume Models & 4100, 4500, 4101, 4102, 4501 & 4502 Dual Reverb models" (which, admittedly covers a lot of ground -- but might not include every 900 variant) provides an image of the "JCM 900 SL-X HI GAIN MASTER VOLUME & DUAL REVERB REAR PANEL" which shows a HIGH/LOW switch.

Going further, I also went surfing for JCM 900 head back panel images, but I did find some that 1) claim to be of JCM 900s (and they seem to be), and 2) seem to show HIGH/LOW switches:
The last of those images is actually from the Marshall JCM 900 page.

That said, I am perfectly willing to believe that Marshall produced versions of the JCM 900 head that did not have these switches. Marshall is hardly famous for consistency! :lol: But I think that at least the half-power switch on the Brit 9000 is not wholly inauthentic.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby n2mpujack » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:28 pm

I stand corrected. You have clearer pictures than I was able to dig up.

All this being said I have to wonder why IK touts the half power switch on the Silver Jubilee and doesn't include it but yet puts one on the 9000 on the front panel when it was on the back. They could have easily done what they did for the Meas/Boogie Double and Triple Rectifier amps with a button that allows one to swap the front view for the rear view.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby carlaz » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:54 pm

n2mpujack wrote:All this being said I have to wonder why IK touts the half power switch on the Silver Jubilee and doesn't include it

Yeah, that remains a bit of a mystery. :? Especially given that there are, for most intents and purposes, two versions of the Silver Jubilee: first there was the JCM Slash which the manual characterizes as "designed to the specs of Slash’s original 1987 Marshall® Silver Jubilee 2555", and then there was the Brit Silver which is "based on the 1987 Marshall Silver Jubilee". :shock:

So, OK, technically the JCM Slash is a model of a re-creation/reissue of a Silver Jubilee and the Brit Silver is a model of an (original?) Silver Jubilee, but .... :roll: :lol:

And neither has a half-power switch! :lol:

n2mpujack wrote:but yet puts one on the 9000 on the front panel when it was on the back. They could have easily done what they did for the Meas/Boogie Double and Triple Rectifier amps with a button that allows one to swap the front view for the rear view.

Indeed. Well, I am guessing that it was considered more cost-effective just to add the sole button from the JCM 900 back panel to the front panel, and thus avoid the expense of recreating the back panel as well (which would also otherwise have just a single button on it). I think there might be a couple of other instances in which a back panel button was quietly slipped around to the single front panel on an amp model ... though I cannot actually remember if that is the case!
--
carlaz
1K Club

B.B KING rig and discography

Postby madsyentist » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:00 pm

i would love to see a rig discography down for B.B king like you did for Jimi Hendrix you have no Blues people ???? :?: :?: :?: :?:
madsyentist

Postby texan7262 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:06 am

Oh it's already Christmas time again ;)

1. Please bring the (rather dated) Fender Collection 1 up to the audibly higher level of Fender Collection 2.
2. Model the missing second channel in 59 Bassman, until then it is just half the amp.
3. 50s-era Magnatones, for that legendary 'Lonnie Mack' *real vibrato*.
4. Grammatico Kingsville as designed by the specs of Jimmie Vaughan. Even beats all Fender reissues at least that I know of ( 'La Grange' has already been modelled in Helix and people in guitar-forums seem to love it, btw.)
5. Matchless Clubman + Chieftain (R. Cray, J. Vaughan et al.)
6. Generally, not so much high-gain/ metal /screamer / shredder stuff but more stylish and classic and obscure gear. IK has proven that it can do that best.
7. Same applies to presets. For example as I've suggested in another forum, has not the Soldano SLO-100 not only been used tastefully, but actually made famous by Slowhand.
texan7262

Postby supanorton » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:31 pm

Get Greg Koch to make some Fender 1 and 2 presets! Although, he sounds exactly the same no matter what he's playing through, which is "glorious"!
supanorton

Postby texan7262 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:19 pm

It is really a pity that it is not possible to change speakers in a 4x10 cabinet. For Bassman aficionados, experimenting and arguing which is best ist almost half the fun. Jensen, Eminence, Weber... As difficult as it may be to tell what is which.
texan7262

Postby jz20051 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:36 pm

I would LOVE if you guys would model the following amps/pedals...

Amps:
Two-Rock Silver Sterling Sig
Two-Rock Classic Reverb Sig
Two-Rock Bloomfield Drive

Pedals:
Klon Overdrive
Keeley Katana Clean Boost
AnalogMan King of Tone
King Tone Soloist

I know soooo many people who would love a Dumble amp sim and Two-Rock makes some of the best Dumble-style in the biz.
jz20051

Postby carlaz » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:23 pm

texan7262 wrote:It is really a pity that it is not possible to change speakers in a 4x10 cabinet. For Bassman aficionados, experimenting and arguing which is best ist almost half the fun. Jensen, Eminence, Weber... As difficult as it may be to tell what is which.

Yes, to this: more swappable speaker models! 8-)
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby n2mpujack » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:00 pm

Piggyback 2x12 Bassman
Piggyback 2x12 Bandmaster

Ampeg Portaflex that is not a B15 - they do exist
Any Ampeg combo amp

And I'll second any Magnatone with the true pitch shift vibrato

If I can extend this to fx:
A true Musitronics Bi-Phase
Anything from Analogman
Teese wahs

A selection of DI boxes - they ain't all the same. Both passive and active please. With transformers.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby fiveblairs » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:03 pm

An Ibanez Mostortion emulation would be nice.
fiveblairs

Postby fiveblairs » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:58 pm

Aclam Windmiller preamp pedal. Now that would be really cool.
fiveblairs

Postby fiveblairs » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:25 pm

Here's a pedal conspicuous by its absence. How about adding the BOSS OD-1 overdrive?
fiveblairs

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:43 pm

fiveblairs wrote:Here's a pedal conspicuous by its absence. How about adding the BOSS OD-1 overdrive?

Satch Overdrive is based on an early-80s Japanese-made OD-1
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling