Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

Postby lukehx3 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:55 am

A couple of things that bug me right now :
- Resizable window is nice, but it woud be best if the window size ratio could be adjusted as well. Most displays nowadays are 16/9 and the rest is wider. It really is uncomprehensible to me that the window size ratio is still stuck on 4/3 : this is not 20th century anymore guys ! Some elements of the display would benefit from a wider form factor (signal chain would show more elements, same for the pedalboard view)
- This one is not really an additionnal feature but more a change in behaviour : currently the peadlboard can be scrolled left and right only with the mouse wheel. Pedal settings can be set by clicking and dragging, but also with the mouse wheel. So right now, when scrolling through the pedal board, if the mouse pointer lands on an adjustable knob, or a wah or volume pedal which can happen far more easily, the scrolling stops and the pedal value is adjusted instead. I'd rather have a scrolling with click and drag and keep the mouse wheel to adjust the pedals values. Anyway, scrolling horizontally with the mouse wheel is not really natural for me for that matter (the same goes for the signal chain display, scrolling through it with click and drag makes more sense IMHO, even though it doesn't cause any issue)
- I wish the signal chain display would be more compact. Currently there are quite large empty spaces (which are not always consistent in size) between each element , I think it should be reduced (or adjustable ? or add the possibility to zoom in and out ?)
lukehx3

Postby blazerscope » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:47 pm

1) Rack save and load like in amplitube 4
2) Audio preferences saved with no popup screen everytime software loads
blazerscope

Postby ejsheldon » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:42 pm

Rack Slot MIDI Bypass Assignments added to Globals, Pedalboard Slot Bypass Assignments returned to Globals as in previous versions. Thank you.
ejsheldon

Postby P.Bicaco » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:57 pm

A Global midi control for tap tempo and for mute from tuner. That way i can play live only with amplitube.
A part at the end of the chain that is global, do not change in each preset, so you can make adjustments to the live sound.
P.Bicaco

Postby lurkalot » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:27 am

Light theme, or customisable themes for the layout. Finding the text on various buttons and dropdowns very difficult to see. Sorry if this has been requested before.
lurkalot

Postby ambrs57 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:28 am

Things I would like to see improved.

1) No global volume. Does anyone have advice for a quick way to level the volume between presets? It would be nice if there were a global volume setting that would do this at the final output, so that it wouldn't be necessary to fiddle with different volume settings for each preset.

2) Unable to program midi bypass for rack gear, without editing the effect. This is a real problem when an effect doesn't have a bypass switch. There was a preset that was already perfect for one of the songs, but I needed to be able to switch off and on the delay. That I couldn't do so, meant I couldn't use it. I don't want to use up two preset slots to have this function.

3) Cumbersome midi stomp control setup. I decided I needed to load a volume pedal in stomp slot 1 for one of the presets. That caused the other stomps to move over one slot and suddenly I had to make each stomp relearn its midi bypass setting. Why not have each stomp remember this, regardless of which slot it is in? Since we can no longer set stomp slots to midi in global settings, we have to program each stomp box individually anyway. At least we shouldn't have to redo it every time we move one. And bring back global midi control for stomp slots!
ambrs57

Postby JuanMLz » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:34 am

- The option to "save current setting as default" when right-clicking on gear.
- A padlock icon in every section of the interface to lock its current config/settings while browsing through presets. Just like in other IKM product lines.
- On the gear browser currently you can open and close sections by single-clicking on the arrow or double-clicking on the rest of the header. It'd be more convenient/consistent to just single-click anywhere. Like on the preset browser tags.

Huge +1s to:
- Resetting controls by double-clicking, not ctrl-clicking (we're likely to have a guitar and a pick in our hands).
- Remember tuner configuration globally.
- Saving FX chains.
JuanMLz

Postby hakonostrem » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:40 am

- Preset Exchange

Massive hole.
hakonostrem

Postby Emanthemirror » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:37 pm

obispojoe wrote:I'd like the new custom shop to include a "show gear I do not own" option like the previous version of the custom shop.

In contrast, I'd like to see an option within AT which only displays the gear you have and hides (on request, of course!) the locked stuff. I know it's a shop window and it's useful to know what other options are available in the CS, but sometimes looking for the stuff you own and want to use among a list of locked stuff is distracting and not functional.

I'd be satisfied if there was a way to sort the models/gear and display the owned gear on top of each category, so that it gets tidier.

Apologies if that's feasible and I didn't see the option - I'd love to know how to do it if that's the case.
Emanthemirror

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:19 pm

Emanthemirror wrote:
obispojoe wrote:I'd like the new custom shop to include a "show gear I do not own" option like the previous version of the custom shop.

In contrast, I'd like to see an option within AT which only displays the gear you have and hides (on request, of course!) the locked stuff. I know it's a shop window and it's useful to know what other options are available in the CS, but sometimes looking for the stuff you own and want to use among a list of locked stuff is distracting and not functional.

I'd be satisfied if there was a way to sort the models/gear and display the owned gear on top of each category, so that it gets tidier.

Apologies if that's feasible and I didn't see the option - I'd love to know how to do it if that's the case.

This is already possible. There's a button that toggles what you own, what you don't, or both.

It has also been stated that the Custom Shop application will have this functionality in the future, it had it pre-release but caused some issues. But in AmpliTube 5 itself, you can indeed toggle what you own or don't own with a single button.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Emanthemirror » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:49 pm

Peter_IK wrote:This is already possible. There's a button that toggles what you own, what you don't, or both.

Thank you, I found the button besides the search box. It is actually placed very sensibly in the layout, so my "real" suggestion now would be a "mouse-over" commentary on icons within the GUI :D It's something quite implemented by other software and I personally wouldn't find it distracting.

Another minor GUI thing: when you right-click and bypass something in the chain (say, when you want to bypass a cab) the visual effect in the chain is quite subtle, especially for dark icons such as cabinets. IMO, it could be slightly more visible, ie: a subtle dark red gradient or something similar.
Emanthemirror

Postby jjguitar » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:55 pm

hakonostrem wrote:- Preset Exchange

Massive hole.

I hope they put this on their list. I like to see what others create and share my presets too 8-)
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:57 pm

Yes, Preset Exchange is on the list.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby acousticglue » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:30 am

Rather have snapshots than exchange but that's me. Everyone doesn't have all the parts. I have almost all.
acousticglue

Postby alienpops » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:33 am

1. Make settings for Looper & Tuner into permanent global preferences. Perhaps checkboxes in the preferences tab "Remember last tuner setting" and "Remember last looper settings" [Examples: I will always want the advanced tuner as the default. and I would like "REC-PLAY-OD" as the default setting for the looper (currently defaults to "REC-OD-PLAY")]

2. The gear search is a nice addition, but it would be even more useful if it just searched all gear regardless of which icon is selected. [Example, if I'm on the pedal icon, searching "reverb" won't return any results until I click over to the rack icon. So it would be much more useful to be able to quickly build a rig with the search bar that way.]
alienpops

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling