Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

Postby KCumyn » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:56 pm

In UltraTuner it would be nice to add in Sweetenings. Maybe this would be more presets under Temperaments or a diff offshoot, but I do like to change it up. Standard is great on most electric, but a "James Taylor" sweetening it better for my acoustic songs.
KCumyn

Postby FrThib » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:00 pm

a button to toggle between two states or preset quickly..

a <-> b and <sync a and b>

really usefull to compare sounds and avoid messups
FrThib

Postby andip » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:13 pm

1) Undo/redo/config slots like in TRacks
2) Expanded view of the 500 rack effects - some of the lettering can be a bit small
3)Tool Tips - hover over an item in the flow diagram and see what it is - can often tell but cabs tend to look pretty similar. Be great to be able to hover, get an enlarged view and description, then be able to click to edit.
4) Interactive help
5 - 50) Undo
andip

Postby Ad_Astra » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:18 pm

Some of these are mentioned I'm sure but just copied my message from another thread

1) Tooltips for mouse. Just hate it when you need to click an icon to see what's happening
2) Sharper text/numbers, please (When upsizing, things get blurry/washed)
3) When changing a value on something, the value box should go away much easier/faster. Put the EQ-PG in and move the slider and you can't go right away with one click to the slider above for that box stays there. You need two clicks.
4) Get rid of the Audio settings window that appears every single time when starting standalone.
5) When doing a stereo rig, theres no way to do delay between L/R?
Ad_Astra

Postby oriundo » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:09 pm

Many thanks to the IK team for this wonderful release: it is really worth the wait!
I will report some additional points worth of attention IMHO.
First of all, the limitations of the metronome that were already mentioned for AT4 and not implemented yet:
1. Metronome volume in Recorder Mode (it is now present in the Looper though)
2. Possibility to start the Play/Record (both on Record Mode and Looper) after one cycle of the metronome

Other nice functions:
3. Overlay text describing the function of an icon/button by hoovering on it
4. Real time overlay value of a slider or knob while moving it

Thank you as well for giving us the possibility to contribute to make AT a better product!
oriundo

Postby sonicblue4u » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:17 pm

The pre-set window is small and harder to read then the AmpliTube 4, can barely read it.
Tool tips would be nice too.
sonicblue4u

Postby FrThib » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:43 pm

on a knob double-click, reset to default or 0
FrThib

Postby micdim » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:02 am

- Master Input and output Level for all presets. Even better yet Numerous Master input/output levels for different instruments.

- Start up Application at the same preset you left off last session even if it hasn't been saved

- The preset browser should also be on the left of the Gear Selector, so we don't have to go to the top of the window every time we want to search for another preset.

- Double click Amps, Pedals, FX in the chain to turn then on or bypass them.

- Separate input level on the chain

Cheers!
micdim

Postby livesforrap » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:46 am

Is there some kinda "favorites" for amps, cabs, stomps, etc? If not, I vote to have this feature added. There are just too many amp and such I don't like and will never use.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby hermybear2002 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:10 am

I really hope you (IKM) take this to heart. Some of these 'suggestions' have already being done by your competitors. Please understand that I don't mean to disparage. I am absolutely blown away by this iteration of AT5; so much so, that I have become extremely annoying to my fellow musician friends that think software is a toy; you may yet get some business out of me lol.

But I really think that there are things that have been neglected for too long; simple things that really enhance the experience. From a production standpoint, you already provide a wealth of industry standard platforms, both hardware to software related. Now it's time to dial down.

First, I would suggest looking at Ableton Live to scope out their "Hints" section. It is a box in a corner that gives you detailed explanations and usage parameters for anything you hover your mouse over. This is the best type of help session.

From there, you may start looking at the setup of other DAW's so you can see how your software seats itself. I am not saying you need to design for individual DAW usage, but more to get a feel of how it can be used.

You will find that most DAW's have the same functions, albeit in different places or to different degrees. One take away that has already been mentioned is a Undo button (BRILLIANT). Seriously, even your moderators who play their own music would have to agree, this would probably be the # 1 thing for most guitar player / producers. Editing SUCKS! Also, another great idea was an A/B for monitoring changes or syncing gear.

From a LIVE platform, you need to put yourself onstage with all the shiz going on and think wtf do I need up here to perform without having to run over to my computer and pick up my mouse.. One good suggestion was a LIVE Mode that was actually only a LIVE mode. I would expand it though. Some players run their gear via patches / presets only. I am more the on/off pedal board type. I just have 2 - 3 variations depending on where / what / who I am playing with. If a LIVE mode that switched between 4 views:

1. Presets Only (maybe a grid with 10-15) or Scenes (10-15)
2. Presets on Top / Limited Effects on bottom (5 top / 5/10 bottom?)
3. Effect/Amp Place Holders only (on/off; Amp stages, etc. = 15)
4. Presets/Scenes; Presets + Effects; Effects Only. All with a looper at the bottom. Make it an "Add Looper" button or something.

I am just throwing these against the wall. The idea is to have everything in front of you and everything accessible via midi. Again, it's about mindset, not about gear producing. There are several working musicians on this forum that could chime in with more specifics on running their rigs live. I am just trying to change the 'vibe' on how the developers look at our needs.

Should IK but take just of few of these suggestions and integrate them into a future patch, you would not only endear most of us for the rest of our playing days, but I can guarantee you will pick up more clients. Some of these suggestions would place you so far about the competition, they would be coming to you for a job. LOL.
hermybear2002

Postby GCStudios » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:21 am

Loving AT5 but there are a few things that would be helpful, I know some of these have been mentioned but they're worth repeating...

1. Some way to scroll the gear view at the bottom as soon as I have a certain amount of gear in the chain, it gets lost behind the gear selector and I have to remove other gear just to get to it which is not productive in the slightest.

2. A collapsible gear selector.

3. Hints when hovering over stuff.

I'm really surprised these were overlooked.

Thank you, kindly :)
GCStudios

Postby pjcass1981 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:28 pm

Just a little more contrast in menus and some of the text for stomps and racks.
pjcass1981

Postby ktofe » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:06 pm

There was a pretty good global noise gate in AT4, I can't find it in AT5 !

EDIT : Sorry, it is a pedal now !
ktofe

Postby shmihe » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:32 pm

The options/setting menu pops up every time after opening AT5 stand-alone, please make it so this doesn't happen.
shmihe

Postby ktofe » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:42 pm

Answered by Peter IK juste before post #10 ;)
ktofe

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling