AT5 Default Preset Issue

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AT5 Default Preset Issue

Postby kgmessier » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:14 pm

I'm having a problem with the "Default" preset on AT5. The issue is that it sound so freaking AWESOME that I'm unable to leave it and check out any of the other presets. I've been tweaking the amp knobs, swapping cab speakers, moving mic positions, etc., but I can't seem to leave this preset. I can't get a bad tone for the life of me.

Is anyone else having this problem? Please advise.
kgmessier

Re: AT5 Default Preset Issue

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:18 pm

Oh, I am so tempted ... ;)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:12 pm

This was, to me, the oddest "issue" we made sure to keep hitting everybody over the head with during the development of AmpliTube 5. The default amp MUST be a better and more true representation of the tone of AmpliTube.

We know we didn't do this very well on AmpliTube 4 by opening a very old / legacy amp as the default. Consider this small yet huge change an apology and we can move forward :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kgmessier » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:00 pm

I'm really happy to read this, Peter!

For me, playing through the "Default" preset was like when Dorothy opened the door to reveal the Land of Oz. The sound was, seriously, much more three-dimensional. What I notice most that makes this feel so organic is the power amp compression. This is what separates the men from the boys. It instantly feels like a responsive thing, this piece of gear that seems to respond in the physical world.

I fully expect AT5 to begin entering conversations alongside what, to this point, have been the Big Three (plus one): Axe FX, Kemper, Helix, and (more recently, though with few real-world case studies) Quad Cortex.

I purchased Helix Native when they had their Black [Friday / Weekend / Month] sale, and it sounds phenomenal, but I foresee AT5 at the very least seeing equal CPU time. I've always enjoyed the AT aesthetic, so to have that along with these richer audio capabilities is, to quote Jimmy Walker, "Outta sight!"

I've already started working on a COVID-bound cover of Pink Floyd's "Echoes." What I've already discovered is how few blocks I need to get inside Gilmour's tone.

Thanks to our excellent friends in Italy!

Stay safe, wash your hands, and PLAY MOOR GITTR!!!!

xoxo
kgmessier

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling