AT5 Crashes Logic & GarageBand on Catalina [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AT5 Crashes Logic & GarageBand on Catalina [Resolved]

Postby jasonluckett » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:23 am

I'm running Logic 10.6.1 on Catalina, and every time I try to load AmpliTube 5, the app crashes. The same thing happens with GarageBand 10.3.5 on the same computer (Mid 2014 MacBook Pro, 2.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, 16GB RAM).

I'm able to load AmpliTube 4, as usual.

I'm also able to open AmpliTube 5 in standalone mode. (It sounds great there, by the way!)

I've tried with both my SSL2+ interface and just using the Mac built-in audio. Is anyone else having this issue or can anyone help me figure out what's going wrong?

I'm really excited to try everything out.

Thanks!
jasonluckett

Re: AmpliTube 5 Crashes Logic & GarageBand on Catalina

Postby jdswitzer » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:30 am

Hi I have the same problem. I can run A5 stand alone no problem (it sounds pretty awesome by the way). But if i try opening it in logic it crashes. I updated to Logic 10.6.1 and the Mac to Big Sur Version 11.1 hoping it would solve the problem but it still persists. Hoping to get some help on this as well. I'm using the Axe I/O for my interface.

J
jdswitzer

Postby King Kaan » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:37 am

I just downloaded it this morning and neither the standalone or the Vst opens. Every time I try to open it in Cubase 11 it just crashes Cubase. what a great start :| :oops:

I'm new to AmpliTube so I don't have previous versions installed. I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no success. You're lucky u got the stand alone working @jdswitzer I'm envious :(

My setup Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz, 32GB ram
King Kaan

Postby King Kaan » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:50 am

Reading through the forum. a common reason seems to be the screen resolution size. So I changed mine to a higher resolution and it seems to work fine in both standalone and inside Cubase, hooraahh!!!! lol
King Kaan

Postby garfy » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:11 am

jasonluckett wrote:I'm running Logic 10.6.1 on Catalina, and every time I try to load AmpliTube 5, the app crashes.

jdswitzer wrote:Hi I have the same problem. I can run A5 stand alone no problem (it sounds pretty awesome by the way). But if i try opening it in logic it crashes.

Hello both. I guess my usual advice applies here, to try restarting your Mac which sometimes clears things out. Alternatively, try the solution that @KingKaan suggests as this does seem to have helped some users.

As an aside, AT5CS (with AT4MAX gear) is running as standalone and as a plugin on my Mac Mini system (specs in sig).

If you still have issues you should contact official IK support for some one to one help https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby jdswitzer » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:35 pm

Yes!!! Mine is working now in Logic Pro with a higher resolution. Thanks for the help.

J
jdswitzer

Postby jasonluckett » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:45 pm

King Kaan wrote:Reading through the forum. a common reason seems to be the screen resolution size. So I changed mine to a higher resolution and it seems to work fine in both standalone and inside Cubase, hooraahh!!!! lol

That did it for me, too! Thanks, everyone. I hope they'll be able to fix it in the future for native resolutions, but this work around will get us going.

Also, for what it's worth, I switched back to the native resolution for my 13" Mac with the plugin display window hidden, and Amplitube 5 works in the background — which could be useful for seeing other things in your DAW as you're used to seeing them. As expected, though, Logic crashes when re-opening the plugin window.

Aside from the resolution kink, this update is really great!
jasonluckett

Re: AT5 Crashes Logic & GarageBand on Catalina [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:53 pm

I am glad you you have got it sorted out.

To help Support provide a permanent fix, please let them know the details of your system - what screen settings worked and what did not.

---------------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling