Amp4 presets sound awful in Amp5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amp4 presets sound awful in Amp5

Postby jk6stringer » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:33 am

Even the factory tones sound awful. Also I noticed that it jackes the speaker cab volumes and pans. And does not load the amp kob settings. Anyone else have this issue?
jk6stringer

Re: Amp4 presets sound awful in Amp5

Postby livesforrap » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:16 am

I'm not surprised. They re-did everything including all the cabinet models. I a/b'ed all day and volumes were very different. For example, a "red pig" in AT4 is really too loud for me. But in AT5 it's as you'd expect. I also found great discrepancies in the SVX line comparing the two.

Sucks but this is really a brand new kit.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby darkogav » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:28 am

havnt really tried old presets yet. most of the stuff i did with it i all new presets. i am not having those problems.
darkogav

Postby jk6stringer » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:18 pm

I figured there would be some audio sound changes, but the knobs not being read is odd to me. Also the cabs are just way to loud. I was able to get them for the most part redone. However Im sad to say that the Amp4 version just sounds better. It could be because the Cab tuning is no longer available. I like the mic placement but prefer the adjustment of the cab tuning, so far.
jk6stringer

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling