Ultra Tuner in A5?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Ultra Tuner in A5?

Postby supanorton » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:04 am

Has the Ultra Tuner been done away with? I'm not too happy with the one in A5.
supanorton

Re: Ultra Tuner in A5?

Postby livesforrap » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:18 am

It's bad, worst I've ever used.

I just use GTUNE and it's about the best (other than a Peterson stomp)
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby supanorton » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:33 am

livesforrap wrote:It's bad, worst I've ever used.

I just use GTUNE and it's about the best (other than a Peterson stomp)

I'm surprised how bad it is as everything else is really incredible. The Ultra Tuner in 4 was fine. I tried downloading GTUNE, but Logic Pro doesn't seem to allow it. I'll use the one in logic, but I liked having one right in the app. O well; it's not the end of the world. Maybe IK will do something about it.
supanorton

Postby Abikis » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:38 am

It's still there, click the tuner, in your signal chain, and change to advanced. Seems to be pretty much the same.
Abikis

Postby livesforrap » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:44 am

Abikis wrote:It's still there, click the tuner, in your signal chain, and change to advanced. Seems to be pretty much the same.

This is why livesforrap should read the manual. :lol:

Anyways, I'll play with it tomorrow but in standard it's REALLY bad. Sorry that GTUNE isn't mac compatible (I think just VST2) it's really good. Not finicky and is pretty accurate. Another one to avoid is the one from PA. It's allot like this one, skates around a bunch and doesn't just let you tune. I HATE an out of tune guitar. (you can imagine the frustration I have with this)
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:46 am

Oh and yes supanorton, it's kinda head scratching how they got so much right and boned the tuner.
livesforrap

Postby supanorton » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:01 am

Abikis wrote:It's still there, click the tuner, in your signal chain, and change to advanced. Seems to be pretty much the same.

LOL! Thank you!
supanorton

Postby supanorton » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:02 am

livesforrap wrote:

I still can't find the manual!
supanorton

Postby darkogav » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:32 am

supanorton wrote:
livesforrap wrote:

I still can't find the manual!

Windows/PC:

C:\\Program Files\IK Multimedia\Product Name

macOS/Apple:

Mac HD -> Library -> Documentation ->IK Multimedia -> Product Name

for some bizarre reason, they do not make it available for download on their site. :roll:
darkogav

Postby supanorton » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:51 am

Loving the Ultra Tuner! Tracking a bass part tonight and it's spot on. I'm loving A5!
supanorton

Postby gilda » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:09 am

I want to read the manual on my phone but it's missing....
gilda

Postby Abikis » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:04 pm

I your using windows the manual is in the Ik folder on your start menu. If you're using Mac I would assume it's also installed but I don't know for sure.
Abikis

Postby carlaz » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:01 pm

Abikis wrote:I your using windows the manual is in the Ik folder on your start menu. If you're using Mac I would assume it's also installed but I don't know for sure.

On a Mac, the path to the docs is:
Code: Select all
Mac HD -> Library -> Documentation ->IK Multimedia -> Product Name

On a Mac, at least, the relevant files are named "AmpliTube 5 User Manual.pdf" and "AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop Gear Models.pdf" (probably the same on Windows?).

Also, note that the "Mac HD -> Library" folder is often hidden by default on Macs, so you may want to reconfigure things so that it is visible, but you can also Google info on how to navigate to it even if it isn't visible. (Also, don't confuse it with your "[username] -> Library" folder! I did that, at first, despite my supposed years of experience using Macs! :oops: :lol: )
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby supanorton » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:25 pm

^^^^
A million thanks, sir!

By the way, I was tracking a bass part last night and used the DI split you mentioned in another thread. I wound up sending the DI through the Black 76 in AT5. It's a ballad, and I managed to get a smooth 70s analog vibe that I couldn't have gotten without it. I figured I'd try the New York B750 bass amp, which sounds great. The "DEEP" switch adds some serious bottom that I had to tame a bit with a low cut, but I'm loving the tone. I can't wait to experiment further with the DI, and I probably would have ignored it had I not read your post. Another million thanks for that!
supanorton

Postby carlaz » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:39 pm

^^^^
Cool! 8-) Yeah, actually, after making that post, I was also thinking, "Huh, maybe I should try the Black 76 on the DI, and then the White 2A on the master bus ...?" Basically, I was really thinking that the attack on the Model 670 might be a little faster than I wanted on the master (though a fast attack from the Black 76 ... or even the Model 670?) might be just the thing on the DI.

For this kind of thing, I really want to totally smash the DI low-end, so that there is just always this super-consistent foundation of quite clean lows that are always there -- even when playing the higher strings, or going up the neck, or whatever. Then the higher frequencies can be a little bouncier (though they can also get a little compression from first the amp model itself and then also in the master bus, at least).

Technically, I think the routing options would let one have even further signal paths, so one could actually carve up the EQ to have separate treatments of more frequency bands. This is the kind of thing that mixers do in their DAWS, but AT5 has the options to get similar effects directly in the plugin/standalone app.

I haven't played with the new Aguilar amp, yet, so that should be fun. 8-)
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling