Amplitube 5 not working

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 not working

Postby RobGtr » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:29 pm

Not the best start for this new piece of software.... Am wondering if anyone else is having the same issue. This is my first time with any IK product, I am moving country soon and thought a virtual amp may be more convenient in several aspects rather than getting my amps shipped abroad or buying a new one.

So done some research and heard of IK's Amplitube software, I downloaded and tested the free version of Amplitube 4 to get a feel for the thing to see if 5 would be worth investing in. No problems getting started and thought it seemed decent so decided to get the Amplitube 5 Max package due to having a mad amount of awesome stuff to play with.

Here's the issue, I don't seem to be able to play with anything. Authorised and Installed with no obvious issue, restarted during the setup as prompted and click to open the application and nothing happens. Have been messing around with this for a while and so far no luck. Anybody got any idea what the problem is and how to sort it? Or have I just paid a rather large sum of money for a few non functioning desktop icons? :shock:
RobGtr

Re: Amplitube 5 not working

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:58 pm

Sorry to hear you are having issues. I'm sure IK Support (the official and direct method of technical support as this forum is a user-to-user and general info forum, not tech support) can get you up and running like the many who are enjoying AmpliTube 5: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lucasketchum » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:12 am

I'm having the same issue. AT4 stand alone app and VST plugin still works fine. I can't get AT5 to open and its VST plugin crashes my DAW every time I tried to use it. I'm on a Windows 10 machine.
lucasketchum

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:59 am

Peter_IK wrote:Sorry to hear you are having issues. I'm sure IK Support (the official and direct method of technical support as this forum is a user-to-user and general info forum, not tech support) can get you up and running like the many who are enjoying AmpliTube 5: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ktofe » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:42 am

I had the same issue on a laptop, and the solution was to plug an external monitor.
AT5 opens, but now there is no sound in standalone and a black window in VST3.
I'm waiting the support answer ....
ktofe

Postby pascat25 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:36 pm

the same, my amplitube 5 SE does not work, what to do?
pascat25

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:45 pm

^^^
Without any details at all of your particular problem, we are not in any position to help.

And you've posted the same thing twice.

If your problem is not related to this thread, please start a new one and provide details.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby robertomassarenti » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:50 pm

Me too! The Amplitube 5 does not start!
The app show started in task manager and finish in a second.
Amplitube 4 works well.
My notebook is a Dell i7 - 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel HD Graphics Family with AMD Radeon HD 8850M.
I use Windows 10, AXE I/O interface and my Amplitube 5 Max does not start.
robertomassarenti

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:58 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Sorry to hear you are having issues. I'm sure IK Support (the official and direct method of technical support as this forum is a user-to-user and general info forum, not tech support) can get you up and running like the many who are enjoying AmpliTube 5: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Re: Amplitube 5 not working TEMP FIX FOR VST AND VST 3 A5

Postby BOBS23 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:03 pm

Amplitube 5 had been crashing all day using my normal 300 dpi settings...Ok here is what i have found...setting the main windows to 300 dpi and using the compatible dpi settings for Reaper set to enhanced...in properties on the reaper x64 exe...This is how I have my 4k screen setup at 60hz...Well after trying everything yesterday...I found setting the main windows DPI to 250 or below...allowed Amplitube 5 vst and vst 3!!! to work flawlessly! However...i am so used to the 300 settings..that i really wish i could use it at that...at least I can use it....using magnifier with it so i can get closer to it...SO anyhow..this is a small time fix for now...Im on Windows 10 64! ...

Bob
BOBS23

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:12 pm

Please let Technical Support know, on the link above, with details of your findings. Several users have reported issues with screen DPi settings.

--------------------
PS: it would be best to change your Account Name away from an email address, to minimise the chance of it being harvested by web bots and you receiving all sorts of 'special offers', bank account verification requests, Amazon Prime renewals, Ray-Ban sunglasses, tax refunds etc from all over the place for years and years. You can change it here:.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby robertomassarenti » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:26 pm

Darkstar!
We need a chat support.
I bought AT5 Max and it's not works.
Are you testing Windows app before show up yestarday?
robertomassarenti

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:44 pm

I do not work for, nor represent, IK Multimedia. I speak only from a user's point of view.

But I am sure that the software was tested extensively on several systems before release, but given the huge number of combinators of hardware and software used by users there are bound to be some initial problems.

I dare say that already hundreds, if not thousand, of users are using AT5 right now. If you report your specific problem, with details, to Technical Support, they are in the best position to resolve it.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby robertomassarenti » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:54 pm

Ok, I understood that you from IK support, because you always interact on history, so sorry.
I send an email to support yestarday, but I not receiver an answer yet.
What do you think it will be? Can be Graphics problem?
I have a Dell notebook with Windows 10 all updates done, Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, 1TB SSD Kingston, Intel Graphics HD card with AMD Radeon HD 8850M aceleration Card.
I use Axe i/o interface.
robertomassarenti

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:58 pm

No problem.

Technical Support are busy at the moment, but they generally respond within 48 hours. I have seen other users report issues with screen / graphics settings so it be worth seeing if changing them helps. If so, please let Support know what does and doesn't work so that they can work on a fix.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling