AT5 not working in Reaper

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: AT5 not working in Reaper

Postby John K » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:21 pm

Windows scaling here is at 100%, as per Peter's thoughts.

Will try Darkstar's reduction in standalone GUI size, but could not find any way to resize. Where is the function to resize the GUI? Didn't see the option in the vst plugin either. Thanks

John
John K

Postby huli50 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:26 pm

Peter_IK wrote:I've used it in Reaper as well. You might want to clear the plugin cache and rescan, if you haven't already. It doesn't seem to be universally an issue with all Reaper users which could be a good or bad sign. IK Support would know more and be able to help more though: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

For what it's worth, I had to clear the cache and rescan for plugins too (as Peter noted above) and it seems to work great. I'm running Reaper 6.14. As an alternative, since Reaper is pretty painless to install, maybe you'd want to try uninstalling and reinstalling it. Just a thought.
huli50

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:11 pm

There will be a fix for smaller resolutions coming. However, if your issue does not have to do with that you must open a ticket with IK Support if you expect to get technical assistance, though.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ejsheldon » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:14 pm

Peter_IK wrote:There will be a fix for smaller resolutions coming.

Good to know. Thanks.
ejsheldon

Postby Tom Kearney » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:38 pm

I just installed AT5 Max. Everything is working fine in terms of licensing and seeing all the equipment.

I did have a crash in Reaper after about 30 seconds with the Vst3 version. The Vst version has been working fine, however.

I have had various problems in the past with SOME Vst3 plugins in Reaper, so I’ve learned to use Vst versions, when available.

AT5 sure looks and sound good!

Tom
Tom Kearney

Postby livesforrap » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:40 pm

I'll test it again with vst3 for a longer duration (unless they have already pinpointed the problem)

Reaper is not my main squeeze. I'm afraid I'm one of those "still evaluating" people since studio one is what I really use. Reaper just doesn't do it for me as a main host.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:12 am

I don't know exactly how long, but for quite some time I had AT5 vst3 open in reaper. I just closed it because I couldn't get it to crash. Is it just a "poof" crash or is it doing something in particular?
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby tufnel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:30 am

I'm having the resolution issue too. Drove myself crazy trying everything to make AT5 work since installation. Sure enough, switched the resolution and it worked.

This is pretty frustrating. Hopefully a fix comes soon. I'm not about to buy a new monitor just for one piece of software...
tufnel

Postby Barriott » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:33 am

I've tried all sorts.

So it's looking very much like it's a resolution issue. Possibly spiking the memory of the graphics card.

The max resolution for my system is 1366 x 786. I'd have to buy a whole new system which I'm not really in a position or prepared to do.
My very limited knowledge of computers suggests that this isn't an easy fix. And with it being Christmas...I can't imagine they'd begin to work on it any time soon. It feels months away.

If it is a resolution issue it feels like a pretty glaring over sight.

The fields of woe!
Barriott

Postby tufnel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:18 am

Barriott wrote:The max resolution for my system is 1366 x 786. I'd have to buy a whole new system which I'm not really in a position or prepared to do.

Same here. It's a monitor limitation in my case, though. I CAN run AT5 if I change my settings to 1920x1080, but obviously I can't really use my PC for anything other than AT while those settings are applied. I primarily use AT with Pro Tools, so only being able to use the standalone version -- and having to alter my settings every time, before and after -- really does very little for me and is quite irritating.

Hopefully this is fixed soon. I would think a week is a generous timeline for a fix, given quite a lot of people (and more to come...) will have paid a significant sum of money for something that they can't use. If it starts looking like months, as you speculated, I'll be pursuing a refund.

Edited to add: surely the system requirements should be updated to reflect this limitation, no?
tufnel

Postby Barriott » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:28 am

I agree. It pains me to say it but I'd have to peruse a refund.

God speed dev team
Barriott

Postby stormwatch1977 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:31 am

Barriott wrote:I've tried all sorts.

So it's looking very much like it's a resolution issue. Possibly spiking the memory of the graphics card.

The max resolution for my system is 1366 x 786. I'd have to buy a whole new system which I'm not really in a position or prepared to do.

I'm in the same boat - is the 1366 x 786 a laptop thing? So anyone using a laptop of a certain size will not be able to run A5 until there's a fix?
I haven't actually paid for any version of A5, I was just wanting to upgrade 4 and use it for the packs I bought (Dime,Slash, Metal) so I don't feel ripped off or angry or anything, which is to be expected for those who HAVE paid.
I expect a fix will follow soon enough, until then I'm happy with what I have in A4.
stormwatch1977

Postby Xoutremer » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:49 pm

For what it's worth Amplitube 5 was working fine in Reaper yesterday for me but today it is crashing when trying to load. My screen resolution is 1920x1080@100% scaling. Cleared fx cache and re-scan. If my screen resolution is as recommended then I hardly think display settings is the issue. The only thing that changed was my upgrade in T-racks. All very strange indeed. Hope its sorted soon.
Xoutremer

Postby DarkStar » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:04 pm

As per the Announcement, please report all screen resolution problems / fixes to Technical Support so that the developers can work on a universal fix.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Xoutremer » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:14 pm

Already done so.
Finally found a work around for the VST only.
Reaper preferences-plugins-compatibility. Under vst bridging/firewalling change to in decicated process per plugin.

Vst3 still crashes but at least have it as a vst plugin until there is a fix.
Xoutremer

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling