AT5 not working in Reaper

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: AT5 not working in Reaper

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:45 pm

Barriott@hotmail.co.uk wrote:Any idea how long it takes to get back to you? Just aware that it's the weekend and then Christmas. Was rather hoping I could play around with it during the holidays.

The Support Team generally operates US (East Coast) business hours, but, as you can appreciate, they will be quite busy at the moment. Normally they will respond within 2 days.

Also, check out the forum Guidelines, for escalating a Support Ticket.
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505

---------------
PS: it would be best to change your Account Name away from an email address, to minimise the chance of it being harvested by web bots and you receiving all sorts of 'special offers', bank account verification requests, Amazon Prime renewals, Ray-Ban sunglasses, tax refunds etc from all over the place for years and years. You can change it here:.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Barriott » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:53 pm

Thank you. I appreciate the advice

Done
Barriott

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:24 pm

You should see an estimate when you open a ticket. Optimum is 1-2 business days (M-F, 10A-7P EST) but with a new release it may be slightly longer.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby livesforrap » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:52 pm

They got back to me same day (USA, about 10am) and then a follow up and then some questions and then when I woke up this morning (about 7:30 am PST)

So I have no idea why some are being responded to quickly and some not so much.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:07 pm

livesforrap wrote:They got back to me same day (USA, about 10am) and then a follow up and then some questions and then when I woke up this morning (about 7:30 am PST)

So I have no idea why some are being responded to quickly and some not so much.

There's a larger amount of tickets when a product is released. They will answer each ticket, some will take longer than others.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby John K » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:04 pm

Same problem here. Standalone and vst/vst3 all crashing. Reaper and Bandlab.

Brian Walton on the Bandlab forums had a solution that finally worked.

Problem is in Amp 5 clashing with the screen resolution settings.

Try setting screen resolution to 1920 x 1080. GUI comes up quite slow, but does launch now.

John K
John K

Postby Barriott » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:10 pm

Thanks for your suggestion

Unfortunately the highest screen resolution my monitor goes up to is 1366 x 768. Looks like I'm goosed until a fix, if such a thing is possible. Looks like my guitar Christmas is cancelled. Boooo
Barriott

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:11 pm

Barriott wrote:Thanks for your suggestion

Unfortunately the highest screen resolution my monitor goes up to is 1366 x 768. Looks like I'm goosed until a fix, if such a thing is possible. Looks like my guitar Christmas is cancelled. Boooo

I would keep working with IK Support, your Christmas might turn out just fine.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Barriott » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:14 pm

I appreciate your optimism captain.. I really do x
Barriott

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:14 pm

@ John K,

AT5 is resizeable (at least in the standalone program, not sure about the plug-ins). Can you try the standalone program and see how small / large you can make it and let us know the sizes, your screen resolution size and DPI (dots per inch)?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:18 pm

And if anybody is on Windows check the scaling, if you are 150%+ try lower as that may be a temporary fix.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ejsheldon » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:28 pm

John K wrote:Same problem here. Standalone and vst/vst3 all crashing. Reaper and Bandlab.

Brian Walton on the Bandlab forums had a solution that finally worked.

Problem is in Amp 5 clashing with the screen resolution settings.

Try setting screen resolution to 1920 x 1080. GUI comes up quite slow, but does launch now.

John K

Got the same advice from IK Support. Unfortunately, same problem as @Barriott, 1366 x 768 is my max screen res. Other suggestions also failed. Waiting for next steps, but this sounds like a major problem for IK. I'm not going to buy a new laptop just to use AT5!
ejsheldon

Postby Barriott » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:28 pm

Excuse my ignorance but I don't know how to change the size. Opening it in stand alone mode I can't see any option to increase or decrease the size?
Barriott

Postby John K » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:36 pm

Friends,

Out the door to do my volunteer shift with the homeless shelter but will experiment and report as soon as I get back regarding Darkstar's and Peter's requests.

I did save a 1920 x 1080 project in Reaper and then reverted to my usual lower resolution. Opened the project and the GUI would not open and any sound going thru was muted.

Everybody stay safe.

John K
John K

Postby skieswatcher » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:17 pm

Hi, just to add my voice yes it crashes Reaper on my desktop too, last Reaper 64 bit, last AT5, Win 10 64 bit.
No log available since it suddenly shut down completely the daw on loading, each time.
Same screen size 1366 x 768, can't buy/have bigger have to use this one.
Hope a fix come soon.
Greets
skieswatcher

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling