AT5 not working in Reaper

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: AT5 not working in Reaper

Postby tufnel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:25 pm

DarkStar wrote:As per the Announcement, please report all screen resolution problems / fixes to Technical Support so that the developers can work on a universal fix.

Do you have any guesses as to how long a fix for the resolution problem could potentially take?
tufnel

Postby stormwatch1977 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:39 pm

Xoutremer wrote:Already done so.
Finally found a work around for the VST only.
Reaper preferences-plugins-compatibility. Under vst bridging/firewalling change to in decicated process per plugin.

Vst3 still crashes but at least have it as a vst plugin until there is a fix.

I tried this, but for some reason the A5 VST doesn't even appear in Reaper for me, only the VST3 (which crashes Reaper).
Anyone know why the VST doesn't show? I certainly installed it.
stormwatch1977

Postby DarkStar » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:46 pm

Once Reaper has detected a problem when scanning a plug-in, that plug-in is ignored in future scans. You will need to do a "Clear cache / Rescan", which will scan all your plug-ins afresh.

Or, if you understand exactly what you are doing, with Reaper closed, you can edit the .ini file and remove the entry for AT5. Save the file and start Reaper.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby stormwatch1977 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:49 pm

DarkStar wrote:Once Reaper has detected a problem when scanning a plug-in, that plug-in is ignored in future scans. You will need to do a "Clear cache / Rescan", which will scan all your plug-ins afresh.

Or, if you understand exactly what you are doing, with Reaper closed, you can edit the .ini file and remove the entry for AT5. Save the file and start Reaper.

Ah, okay, I did do the clear cache/rescan, I do that every time. I have a feeling Reaper IS detecting a problem every time and just not loading that VST. I think I'll just use A4 for now until a fix comes in. I only just bought the Dimebag pack, might as well have some fun with it! :mrgreen:
stormwatch1977

Postby tufnel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:12 pm

Jason W from IK got back to me very promptly after I got in touch with tech support.

He had this to say: "We have an update coming out first of the week that will resolve this, just check your IK Product Manager.

If you raise your screen resolution above 1400x then it will launch."

So, yeah, looks like a fix is coming really soon, which is awesome. :D
tufnel

Postby ejsheldon » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:09 pm

Xoutremer wrote:Already done so.
Finally found a work around for the VST only.
Reaper preferences-plugins-compatibility. Under vst bridging/firewalling change to in decicated process per plugin.

Vst3 still crashes but at least have it as a vst plugin until there is a fix.

Hey! That's almost good! (B-side of an Alvin & the Chipmunks record)

Didn't crash Reaper, but the UI didn't actually load, just a blank UI window.
ejsheldon

Postby Barriott » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:30 pm

That's fantastic news. Did you mean the first of next week?
Barriott

Postby Sarvoth » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:14 pm

My experience is that it loads great, on one track, on a brand new project. Any additional tracks, it loads what appears to be a broken screen. You can still click on buttons through the white screen, and it works, but visually its white.

However, if you try to remove the plugin from the additional tracks. Reaper locks up.

So yeah, lots of issues with Amplitube 5 in Reaper, and that makes me sad...
Sarvoth

Postby BOBS23 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:47 am

Try lowering your DPI in pc settings, system, display....at 4k mine was 300..250 or below would open the vst's ...i noticed a machine on 1080p it wouldnt load at 150 dpi..had to go to 100 or below.....

Bob
BOBS23

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:13 pm

I would recommend updating to the 5.0.1 version that was released this morning. This resolves issues that some were having.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ejsheldon » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:54 pm

On my lesser system (i5/8gb) it's no longer crashing Raeper. YAY!
Still no sound in Standalone though.
ejsheldon

Postby stormwatch1977 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:12 pm

Working for me (laptop) with Reaper. Sounds fantastic! No sound in standalone though, unless I set my Scarlett to Direct Monitor and then it's just a clean sound, unaffected by Amplitube. But I'm really happy to get it working in Reaper, that'll do me for now!

Glad to see some new Slash presets installed, and they sound really good, especially the lead tones.
Some of the Dimebag presets are missing now though - there's LESS in AT5 than there were in AT4?
stormwatch1977

Postby John K » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:06 am

Friends,

Revision 5.01 does solve some of the GUI problems, but Amp 5 still at the level of a beta release. Have full faith that the devs are refining the software as more feedback comes in. And thanksgiving for those not experiencing any issues.

On my rig alone, Reaper quarantined Amp 5 ver 5.01. Had to reinstall and move to a higher resolution to get Reaper to accept. Then was able to downgrade to a lower resolution and could open. Path forward currently and possibly for others having this problem. Noted that the standalone launched in lower resolution while the vst and vst3 gave up the ghost before first wiping the digital slate clean and verifying in higher resolution. Also, let the fail to authorize pop up percolate for as long as needed until it mercifully goes away. If already authorized thru the manager, don't terminate the scan although it will take quite a long time on first run.

Easiest logistical way to reset Reaper scan as Darkstar advised is to get into the reaper64ini file and delete the last failed entry. Save the file and try again via restart. Maybe not easiest, but saves the grief of a complete vst rescan.

Noted that Bandlab Cakewalk goes belly up with 5.01.

Another strange anomaly in Reaper... Running Reap 6.x 64 bit. Amp 5 shows up as a bridged plugin, like 32 bit to 64 which in itself can cause all kinds of trouble. From Reaper, is Amp 5 a 32 bit app?

Otherwise, Amp 5 very sluggish. Too long to initialize or do tasks like going through the presets.

Another off topic request. Thank Allah for the ability to hide non purchased modules. Would be great to filter out presets that need non purchased things. Currently like going thru an Easter egg hunt to find something that doesn't lovingly throw the failure message at you because you have to upgrade.

That said, love the improvements in Amp 5.

Hope all are well and safe in these crazy times.

John.K
John K

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:32 pm

I am sorry to hear that v5.0.1 did not resolve those issues.

Please contact Support, via here with all the details. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into similar problems, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:56 pm

AmpliTube 5 is not at the level of "beta release" at all. Let's please keep our frustration from inducing hyperbole. Thousands are using AmpliTube 5 without issue, some may still have some issues but at this point with 5.0.1 covering a lot of ground those are likely very specific to certain setups or more complex/"fringe" issues.

I'm sure IK Support will figure those out with you too.

Edit - I see even with this reply from the forum admin, people continued things like claiming things as global bugs that surely aren't so this thread has run its course and IK Support will surely assist with anybody having issues directly and get you up and running.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling