AT5 not working in Reaper

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AT5 not working in Reaper

Postby captship » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:56 pm

[Mod edit: split into its own thread, for clarity]

loving AT5 so far - worth the wait - now if I can just figure out how to get the VST plugin to work in Reaper - when I scan for FX in Reaper it stalls on AT5 with message says waiting for a separate authorization window - waited additional 10 minutes to see if it would load but no success - anyone having this problem or can educate me on what I am missing/doing wrong. :o
captship

Re: AT5 not working in Reaper

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:39 pm

From what you have said, AT5 is working well, standalone or plug-in or both, but not in Reaper?

VST2 or VST3?

Can you post a screenshot of the pop-up window?
How to post images
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ejsheldon » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:22 pm

DarkStar wrote:From what you have said, AT5 is working well, standalone or plug-in or both, but not in Reaper?

VST2 or VST3?

How to post images

I can confirm that BOTH VST2 AND VST3 crash both Reaper AND Ableton LIVE 10. There's no pop-up window because the DAWs crash out completely.

Also, in Standalone version, can't get audio from USB 3/4 (my standard configuration with AT4, S-Gear, THU). I get signal from USB 1/2, but it goes straight from Input to Output, bypassing the signal chain.

I'm using Helix Stomp as my Interface on this (my office) system. I'm not installing it in my studio until it works here!
ejsheldon

Postby captship » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:26 pm

DarkStar wrote:From what you have said, AT5 is working well, standalone or plug-in or both, but not in Reaper?

VST2 or VST3?

How to post images

AT5 works fine standalone - not working plugin in Reaper - screenshot of what I see in Reaper when rescanning.
https://i.imgur.com/uPzQGtZ.png
captship

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Looks like this should be reported directly to IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for direct and official technical assistance. I'm sure they will be able to resolve the issues you are having.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby RedFanNC » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:37 pm

captship wrote:

VST2 or VST3?

How to post images

AT5 works fine standalone - not working plugin in Reaper - screenshot of what I see in Reaper when rescanning.
https://imgur.com/uPzQGtZ

The exact same thing happened to me, but I was able to get the AmpliTube VST3 file to finally load and be available in Reaper. I restarted my machine, opened Reaper and went to Options/Preferences/Plug-ins/VST. From there I clicked Re-Scan then Plug-ins which failed to scan. Then I selected/re-scanned the AmpliTube 5 VST3 file and it showed up with the rest of my plugins. Still can't get the AmpliTube 5.DLL file to load though.
RedFanNC

Postby Barriott » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:41 pm

Hello

I can confirm that AT5 is crashing Reason DAW!
Works ok as a stand alone app!

Very disappointing.

John
Barriott

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:46 pm

Barriott@hotmail.co.uk wrote:Hello

Very disappointing.

John

It should work fine in Reason as well. Please contact IK Support for direct and official technical assistance and I'm sure they'll be able to figure out what's happening in your case: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby livesforrap » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:49 pm

I don't want to seem insensitive but it works here with vst2/vst3, reaper, reason 11, studio one 4, fl studio 20 something (the latest)

The only thing I've noticed is that AT5 takes a long time to scan in the beginning. And it takes a while to load.

Windows 10 (latest) RME babyface @ 64 buffer, 44.1k.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby garfy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:08 pm

livesforrap wrote:but it works here with vst2/vst3, reaper, reason 11, studio one 4, fl studio 20 something (the latest)

Thanks for confirming this livesforrap. This does prove that, as everyone's system is not identical, contacting official support for one to one help will be the best route for success.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby captship » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:57 pm

Re-booted again, 3rd time since successful initial install and authorization of AT5.
Standalone works fine.
Started Reaper - latest version 6.18 is installed

Rescanned VST's and this time I waited longer before terminating the scan and after about 20 minutes the screen cleared.

Noted both VST and VST3 version of AT5 showed up in Reaper FX IK Multimedia folder

Tried VST AT5 version - crashed Reaper - timed out and went dead

VST3 AT5 version loaded after 5 minutes with a couple of not responding error messages popping up - but no presets or purchased gear i.e. the 65 Princeton which I own and is available in the standalone available is not available in the plugin and message saying have to purchase to use pops up - seems like CS version only???

Seems like this is a common problem which no doubt the tech boys in the back room will straighten out. They are probably pretty busy today.
captship

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:59 pm

I've used it in Reaper as well. You might want to clear the plugin cache and rescan, if you haven't already. It doesn't seem to be universally an issue with all Reaper users which could be a good or bad sign. IK Support would know more and be able to help more though: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby captship » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:10 pm

Peter_IK wrote:I've used it in Reaper as well. You might want to clear the plugin cache and rescan, if you haven't already. It doesn't seem to be universally an issue with all Reaper users which could be a good or bad sign. IK Support would know more and be able to help more though: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply - tried the rescan and clear the cache thing and this time would not load AT5 at all in reaper and an incorrect installation of the FX error message popped up just before the FX scan process is terminated.

I submitted the issue to support, what version of Reaper are you on? I am at 6.18, the latest.
captship

Postby ejsheldon » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:32 pm

Update - Went ahead and installed it on my studio system. More powerful computer than my office system (i7/16gb vs i5/8gb). This system uses a Scarlett 18i20 as AI. Everything works great, no crashes.

Then I switched AI to my Helix Floor (HX Stomp in the office)with the Standalone version. Inputs 1/2 work fine, but nothing using any other inputs. Again, these settings work fine with AT4, THU and S-Gear.

I'm working with support on the problem with my office system, but it's starting to look like a driver problem (i'm using the latest all around) with Helix devices, and possibly a resources problem just to complicate matters.

From the looks of other posts, similar issues may exist with other AIs besides Helix.

I'll update again if support finds the problem.
ejsheldon

Postby Barriott » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:18 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
Barriott@hotmail.co.uk wrote:Hello

Very disappointing.

John

It should work fine in Reason as well. Please contact IK Support for direct and official technical assistance and I'm sure they'll be able to figure out what's happening in your case: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Any idea how long it takes to get back to you? Just aware that it's the weekend and then Christmas. Was rather hoping I could play around with it during the holidays.
Barriott

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling