MAX from the AXE I/O Bundle Not Showing Up

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: MAX from the AXE I/O Bundle Not Showing Up

Postby djpavlik » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:51 am

Thank you for the added information, garfy.

How do I add to my own support ticket?

Let me guess...I was supposed to have received an email indicating a ticket has been initiated, and I can add to it that way. If that is the case, that would be a 'not possible'. While I received an email indicating my Axe I/O unit has been officially registered, I have received no email or any other indication support even received my initial ticket. I have looked all over the website for some way to view my ticket, but haven't been able to find any.

Also, just a friendly word of advice...when you tell someone who obviously doesn't use your website on a daily basis (and is frankly tired of even looking at it) to send a "PM" , instead of just sending a link with pages and pages of rules which would lead that person to waste even MORE time reading through those thinking there might actually be some kind of guide on how to even SEND a PM, maybe mention some simple instructions on how to actually do it instead. I would be happy to provide an example:

"To post a PM in our website, click Community, then click Forum, then click "new messages". Please follow these pages of guidelines when doing so...<post link here>.

That single line would've helped greatly. You could even post the following word of warning regarding sending a PM: You'd think the way the forum site just says "new messages" in the far right margin at the top without even any capital letters (like all other clickable fields in the header have) and without any change in color, this would lead most reasonable people to think it is just there for information only, but it turns out it is ALSO an important link to create new PM's, in fact, the ONLY way.

Nonetheless, I was eventually able to send an PM to Peter_IK per your advice. Thank you.
djpavlik

Postby greg2074 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:23 am

I just got my AXE I/O today and was able to set it up with no issues. Make sure you register your AXE I/O then use the IK product manager to download and set up AT5 MAX. You need to login with your account information in the IK product manager. In the IK product manager I clicked on manage my products. It showed a list of my software. AT5 was the second one down in my list. When I clicked on the products tab under AT5 it showed AT5 Max. I used the product manager and got everything setup and working and verified that I have AT5 Max once I launched it. Maybe you just overlooked something and this info will help you. Anyway, good luck!
greg2074

Postby dbailey1 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:31 am

greg2074, I'm glad that you were able to get things sorted out. I think the problem that some of us are having is that we received and registered our AXE I/O devices before the AT5 release date. I registered my AXE product weeks ago, but I still do not have access to the full version of AT5, which was part of my bundle purchase, only the CS/SE version of AT5 that was added on launch day.

Whether there was something that was missed or overlooked with the hardware/software bundles, I'm still waiting to hear back from IK support on how I can get the software part of my AXE/AT5 purchase. I realize that with Covid, Christmas and the new product launch, they're probably behind, so I'll continue to wait patiently.
dbailey1

Postby djpavlik » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:47 am

I am glad yours works as well, greg2074, but if you had noticed in my post, I had already registered the Axe I/O unit. Like dbailey1, I now only have access to the A5 SE version. I should note, the license for the A5 SE showed up immediately after I registered the Axe I/O unit. So, I was never destined to get the A5 MAX license, which means this is obviously a major screwup on the part of IKMM.

dbailey1, your theory on the timing sounds very plausible and correct - good call. Based on other comments I've seen it would certainly appear anyone who preordered this particular bundle got hosed. It is worth noting that everyone who buys an Axe I/O apparently receives A5 SE automatically, so it would appear that is the ONLY reason you and I even have that.

Therefore, it would seem IKMM simply treated our purchase of the Axe I/O MAX bundle as nothing more than a $400 purchase of the Axe unit and did nothing in regard to a license for the A5 MAX. Since others have noted they had to email support already in order to get this fixed, this means IKMM should be VERY aware of their foul-up but yet are not doing anything proactively on their behalf to fix it. They could easily slap a list together of people who pre-ordered that particular bundle and then quickly follow-up to see if those people were sent a proper A5 MAX registration code.

I guess that is ultimately why I am rather frustrated with this. They have to know by now they messed up anyone who preordered. Instead, they expect us to waste our time digging through forums (since most of us probably assumed we messed something up during installation), then, in your case (and maybe mine, we'll see) wait weeks for support to get around to providing a rather easy solution, rather than taking a few moments and internally following up on what I assume would be some of their best customers (based on the fact that the 399.99 bundle we bought is the highest priced version of A5).
djpavlik

Postby garfy » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:01 am

Sorry you are frustrated by this, but I assure you it will get sorted by IKM.

I am not an IK employee, like you I'm an IK product user hoisted to moderator status. I essentially have access to the same information that you do. As per various posts on here, the AXE/AT5MAX bundle was not due to be sent out until AT5 was actually released so if you received yours and registered it beforehand I presume this is the reason why you are having trouble with receiving/registering the software.

As you have a ticket in with Support and have PM'd Peter_IK, as per the forum guidelines (found here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505") I shall lock this thread.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling